Houston Cougars All Time Football Team

One thing to look at is how much “talent”surrounded our QB’s when they were here (on offense and defense). If we look at how many players got drafted from a particular QB’s teams, would we see certain QB’s were surrounded by talent and others weren’t?

1 Like

Simon Fletcher played a long time for the Bronco’s.

2 Likes

Lee Canalito was on his way to Greatness before he tore up his knee in '73, I believe. “If Lee Canalito had two good legs, he would have been the best defensive college football player ever in college football” Coach Bill Yeoman in a interview in the early 80’s. I trust in Coach. So many greats! ( Good list Sam)

1 Like

I watched Jim Strong in the 1969 Bluebonnet Bowl with both Newhouse and Jim Strong in the backfield. At that time, Jim outplayed Newhouse big time and got the MVP. OF course, it is IMHO. Thanks for your post

Don’t doubt it, but Strong would have been a senior and Newhouse a sophomore, right?

Like I said “at that time”

I do not always post an hc article but when I do…

Where is Mr. Lamar Lathon?
Here is another cool article:

I can’t post all but there are some great articles when click on the hyperlink.

Only one won the Heisman, only one won the Lombardi, only one won the SWC twice, only one hold the NCAA record for most passing yards, most total yards, most TDs. What Greg Ward did was great, but let’s put it in proper perspective.

Ward was better than many think…and where is Lamar Lathon? He was a great LB that often gets overlooked …Terrific player!!
Great story about the 76 Texas game… So much fun to read !!

2 Likes

What an awesome player.
This is for TexasCyclone…enjoy.

Andre Ware?

Cotton Bowl?

https://twitter.com/UHCougarFB/status/1526351010100301825

9 Likes

Now THAT IS A GREAT PICTURE. and yes I am ecstatic to use CAPS

4 Likes

What about OT Sebastian Vollmer .

3 Likes

Great pro and really good C-USA offensive tackle. I don’t think he was ever named 1st or 2nd team All America like the two I listed. He might be a second team selection.