Houston faces Lamar at the Fertitta Center - ESPN3 at 7pm (W 79-56)

Time 7 p.m. • Tuesday, Dec. 4
Location Fertitta Center (7,100) • Houston
Tickets BUY Tickets
Parking Parking Map & Info
Television ESPN3
Radio KPRC 950 AM
Live Stats Live Stats
Game Notes Houston Notes Lamar Notes The American Notes

https://twitter.com/UHCougars/status/1069962025479081984

KELVIN SAMPSON: “THE FIRST THING WE DO AFTER A GAME IS WE HAVE TO FLUSH THE GAME WE JUST PLAYED.”

“We practiced yesterday. The first thing we do after a game is we have to flush the game we just played,” Houston Head Coach Kelvin Sampson said this morning. “We have a rating system we use. Plus / minus. We go through that. We do subtitles. We take different areas of the game. Break them down: good and bad. Then, we move on to the next one.”

Coach Sampson gave me an overview of the Cardinals.

“I think Lamar’s challenge that we’re going to have with them is I don’t know if they have any inconsistencies in their talent level,” Sampson said. "I don’t think that they have a great player; but, they’re all good.

COREY DAVIS JR: “I’M JUST TRYING TO GET ADJUSTED BECAUSE IT’S ALWAYS BEEN A MINDSET THING WITH ME.”

He’s not concerned nor worried. The basketball adage ‘shooters shoot’ applies to him.

“Ever since I started shooting the ball, it’s always been a mindset thing to me,” Davis Jr. said today after practice. “Because, I know I can shoot the basketball regardless of what gym. Wherever I am. It just takes for me to get repetitions because I know it’s a new arena and new rims. I’m just trying to get adjusted because it’s always been a mindset thing with me. I don’t change my routine. I don’t do anything differently. Just get up shots; so, I can get used to the rims in here.”

UH -18.5

@pesik, here’s another video that’s a little over the top.

https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/1069969578820743168

Looks like a commercial inbetween Dallas and Nightrider, right after the short spot where johnny carson says he’ll be having Don Rickles on the show tonight.

I know there is a student entrance on Cullen but there are more doors for the general public still, correct?

Yes

I entered on Cullen but exited at entrance in front of street where parking garage is.

Thanks. I’m sitting close to the Cullen side and having to meet a buddy that is almost always late, so just trying to plan missing as little of the game as possible.

1 Like

You’ll be considered late if Sampson’s tie is already off against Lamar. :grin:

2 Likes

How full do yall think it will be?

Weekday games are hard to get to for us, but we will make it to this one.

Students have supposedly grabbed the first 1K tickets and are pulling more.

Looking on the ticket site, the tickets for less than $100 are available, but there aren’t many. If you have the money to spend, tickets for more than $100 are plentiful.

2 Likes
2 Likes

go coogs!

1 Like

Still a little early, but a lot of empty seats right now

1 Like

Student section at courtside is full. Other than that, there may only be a couple hundred people here right now.

Tuesday, work day, bad traffic (rush hour) earlier than Saturday (7pm) and opponent is not the greatest. Should still have a good late arriving crowd. Lamar is by far our worst opponent on Fertitta this year. That’s why I’m hoping on being the 2nd game at Fertitta Center, crowd could reach 5 grand.

If attendance doesn’t pick up we will lose Sampson soon

1 Like