Houston-Memphis game thread

ESPN is a fking joke. Just saw the scroll at the bottom “Herman has not ruled out going to UT”. He hasn’t ruled out going to Mars either you aholes.

We’re not tackling in the open field like we did against Louisville. They’re breaking everything.

I have never seen a defense worse than this.

Ummm he’s talking about how Houston can’t compete for a National championship and how he can’t see Herman staying.

1 Like

that is such BS. receiver puts his head down. its not Wilson’s fault. he wasn’t targeting his head.

2 Likes

Another unlucky targeting call. Not a bad hit, but the receiver just went down since he dropped the ball.

Damn, secondary was already weak.

Should have been overturned as he wasn’t defenseless as he made the move that caused the contact. BS call

This reminds me of the Navy game. Guys look like they don’t want to hit, trying to think too much. The one guy that does want to hit gets thrown out because the WR lowered his head.

Not what Andre thought. It was helmet to helmet even though he didn’t launch himself to target the opponent’s helmet.

Wow, swiss cheese defense. Lots of missed tackles and flat out getting pushed around by their OL this half.

He led with the helmet down. Good tackling technique you tackle with face up. It’s just as much about defensive injuries as offensive injuries. They made the right call. Even if the receiver wasn’t going down, Wilson would have been going head down right into his chest and risk major injury to himself.

1 Like

Where was the targeting on that Bonner hit??? Launched and hit him high!!!

Who takes a 5 yard penalty when it’s going to be 3rd and 4? 2nd and 9 not only doubles the chances of having a big play but it allowed Memphis to run off more clock.

wow that decision to run is beyond frustrating

No Fg tried at least. Gosh!

I think this game so far is really more a credit to memphis than an indictment on the coogs. They’re just playing really, really well and it’s near impossible to stop.

LIke they did at Cinci last week. Memphis has really progressed over the course of the year.

2nd half we will find out how good this staff really is.

The AAC deserves to have around 4 teams ranked in top 25, imo. Even this year there are
some really good teams (tulsa, memphis, usf, temple).