Houston Roughnecks | 2023 Season

Ball security is an afterthought lol

1 Like

“GTFO!GTFO!”

TD!

The over seems to be in reach, if you play the game inside the game.

2 Likes

I may have spoken too soon on the over
lol

The Roughnecks are still undefeated all-time.

7 Likes

The Roughnecks are the most successful franchise in Houston sports history!

2 Likes

That’s a negative on Roughnecks being the most successful sports team ever in Houston.
The original Houston Gamblers still have that honor. It only lasted a few years, but it was Jim Kelly, the newly formed Run N Shoot and and maybe all 3 championships. The original USFL was pure football. No gimmicks. My wife and I had so much fun at those games. Then to see the coaches and offense move to UH (our alma mater), it was like we got a preview of college football heaven.

That said, I’m really impressed with the home crowds, the coaches, and playing of the Roughnecks. It reminds me of the old Houston Gamblers days. I’m seriously thinking about going.

You should. The games are so fun. The fans really make it an experience.

Think about sitting in direct sunlight when them temp is around 100 degrees . . . . .

My problem with the broadcast was the camera angle kept changing from sideline to sideline. A little difficult to follow . . . . .

Watched the end of the game. Coach Phillips looked and sounded like he was standing at a podium and could not figure out how to finish a thought . . . . . like me sometimes . . . . .

Met a bunch of the coaches at Stogies on Saturday night watching the Coogs play ECU. Coach Pardee the wide receivers coach was there.

You should definitely go. The games are a blast.

Next Sunday’s game against San Antonio should be good!

1 Like

What do you mean by this? While they were fun to watch offensively they never had a good enough D and did not win a championship in their 2 years.

1 Like

He was the basketball game a month ago. Just because someone doesnt have a UH tattoo on their as, doesn’t mean they hate the school.

I didn’t say he hated the school. I said he didn’t rep the school. Which he doesn’t

Roughnecks are rolling right now. Crowd is pretty lively. Lots of folks here wearing UH gear.

4 Likes

Attendance seems low compared to the other game, is it less fans?

More people here than previous games. The density is increasing. You can feel people are packed in tighter.

2 Likes

I do hope the leauge succeeds.

3 Likes

Sorry sir, but you would be wrong. “Most successful sports team ever in Houston” were the WNBA’s Houston Comets. They won 4 straight championships.

5 Likes

A lot of folks watching from the concourse, too.

Does Sunday night games hurt attendance? Compared to Saturday or Sunday afternoons, that might draw better?