Houston Roughnecks | 2023 Season

That is strange. It gives one team in the league a home field advantage for all their games.

1 Like

Actually multiple cities will be hosting games in the USFL this year.

1 Like

Looks like the teams from Houston, New Orleans, Pittsburgh, New Jersey, and Philadelphia will not have any “home” games

1 Like

What circumstances are causing him not to rep the Coogs on his social media?

3 Likes

Fully agree with both of the above statements.

Getting into TDECU seemed easier than it is for UH games in my opinion. Announced attendance was between 12,000-13,000. Actual attendance less than 10,000, so that made it easy to get in and out.

XFL 2020 promoted themselves at UH games, but UH didn’t seem to be promoting at either XFL 2020 or XFL 2023.

Where will the USFL play in Houston?

They won’t

In XFL, game clock runs after incomplete passes, too. I’m not sure if it doesn’t stop at all or starts running at the ready for play signal. The goal of the XFL is to keep games under three hours. I think their rules are accomplishing that goal.

1 Like

I thought maybe the Gamblers would eventually play at the Dynamo stadium, but the USFL season is during the MLS season, so that probably won’t work. I don’t know where alse they would play?

Either way the USFL will ABSOLUTELY HAVE to play in all the home cities in 2024 because of the pressure the XFL is putting on them.

1 Like

I do not follow the USFL or the XFL close enough but it would seem like both of them cannot survive long term.

I favor the XFL simply because UH benefits financially from stadium rental.

3 Likes

The predecessor of the USFL was The Spring League. In 2021, The Spring League played half of its games at Rice Stadium. Mega Bowl 2021 was also played at Rice. (I’m embarrassed to admit I attended Mega Bowl 2021.)

Because of this, I suspect that if the Gamblers ever play a down of football in Houston, it will be at Rice Stadium.

2 Likes

I totally forgot about Rice
Good point.

Only problem with that is the large size which will look terrible with minimal fans on TV.

2 Likes

I was at the game last week and one positive thing I noticed was the amount of high school kids and families with kids at the game. Seeing all of the UH symbolism at TDECU and being on campus is giving them a positive relationship with the university early on. I’m no marketing expert but when these kids have a positive relationship with TDECU they will be more likely to come back in the fall.

8 Likes

Bob stoops getting UH flashbacks this one

7:40 left in 1st quarter.

TDECU Stadium hasn’t been rocking like this in a few years.

6 Likes

Fun watching these guys.

Silvers needs to be drug tested.

I spoke too soon
ugh