Houston vs. Kentucky (L 14-2)

Last time we got skunked on a Friday night was two years ago at Memphis when we lost 12-4. Lantrip got hurt in the 2nd after giving up a couple of runs in the 1st and the Tigers pounded the Cougar bullpen.

If we don’t count injuries, we lost 9-2 on a Friday night game against then #6 UCF in 2015. Lantrip was pounded for 7 runs in 2.2 innings. Good news, we hosted a regional that year.

1 Like

Kentucky scores 2 more in the 7th to make it 14-2

We should stay away from this tournament. We never do well.

1 Like

i disagree, we are very competitive most years and this tourney is always loaded with really good teams. Not going well tonight but it is still a good test for the Coogs…

1 Like

Coogs Run-ruled 14-2.

Back tomorrow night against Mississippi State.

Just getting back from the game, not much to say other than…dear god that was a bloodletting.

Hate to say it but we just aren’t very good.

Cumbie definitely did not have his best stuff tonight. A fielding miscue in RF and an error, both in the second surely didn’t help and set the stage for what ensued.

This may seem strange to say, but I think the biggest problem was that Cumbie threw too many strikes. Strictly a layman’s opinion, but without his best, he should have been trying to miss out side the strike zone and having them chase instead of trying to finesse in the zone. If I remember correctly, all of their lineup had a 300+ average…too strong to miss over the plate.

I thought we got wood on the ball better than I expected, a lot of hard shots early right at the fielders.

Oh well, tomorrow will be a better day.

Go Coogs!

Agree, play the best teams you can regardless of the outcome. Helps later in the season for sure

1 Like