Houston vs UCONN - Game 1 AAC Tourney (L 4-3)

55 games this season…23 of them the Coogs have scored 3 runs or less (8-15 in those games h/t GoCoogs.com).

430 runners left on base through those 55 games. Averages out to 7.8 runners per game left on base…that’s a ton.

1 Like

What player said our offense was going to be great this year. Should have just kept quiet.

3 Likes

Joe Davis…to be fair, HE has been great.

With what we had returning…we should have been great…or good…or at least mediocre. Not sure we qualify as even mediocre on offense.

4 Likes

I think the downward spiral already started. For some reason players that you expected to have big years based off last year, somehow regressed this year. Out of respect to those players I wont mention names. Not sure if you attribute that to Coaches or what but made it difficult to score runs consistently.

3 Likes

Triolo had good year also imo

1 Like

Conference stats before today:

1 Like

I admire Lockhart for stepping up and being a decent Friday nite starter but myself I would have rather seen him be a everyday starter in the field. He had clutch hits last year. This year obviously his focus was as Starting Pitcher!

1 Like

Imo the Coogs best bet is for WSU to upset ECU. Seriously Coogs need a high rpi opponent to put in W column. Beating WSU does nothing for them imo. Beat ECU b4 pitching staff arms fall off n that might be enough in Committee eyes to get bid.

1 Like

Kills me when looking at those stats because our pitching staff has been damn near elite when compared to our conference bretheren, especially when our schedule ranked as the 33rd toughest in the nation.

To finish at .500 in conference and barely scratching to survive on the bubble is just sad.

We are tied for 233rd out of 299 teams in runs scored per game (5.0). We are tied for 40th in runs allowed (4.5).

They are not going far in Tourney after loss today so might as well play the best and try get Big W!

1 Like

Wichita State is ranked 91 in the RPI. Beating them will help us. We need the win at this point.

Really strange bracket as 4 of the top 5 RPI teams in the conference are on one side of the bracket.

Come on Patrick you begging at this point. :smiley::smiley::smile:

1 Like

This whole year has felt weird. Like there is no energy in the program. We used to see Khator and AD at quite a few games but I think I only saw her once all season. It just feels like Baseball is an afterthought lately.

3 Likes

Maybe I dont understand it as deep as you. How does beating #91 help so much.

1 Like

At this point…yes. Still want them to make the NCAA tourney.

Good points!

1 Like

UConn coach says he’s going to let his player’s go hang out in Gulf of Mexico on day off. Meanwhile Coogs will just be hanging… barely.

1 Like

Puzzling to see the program under Whitting improve slowly at the beginning and now second year of slow decline.

4 Likes

They’re still a top 100 team which would add another win in the Quad 2 column on our RPI Sheet and would still be a decent win RPI wise. We always seem to have their number as well as we’ve won 6 in a row against them.

Rather not face ECU’s Agnos tomorrow, although it’s basically pick your poison between him and Kuchmaner. At least Kuchmaner’s been giving up runs lately; Agnos hasn’t given up a run in over a month.

Figure our best chance is to get Wichita State tomorrow, get ECU on Friday, and then try and knock off UCONN twice on Saturday with the Final game Sunday. If ECU is waiting in the Winner’s bracket come Saturday with Kuchmaner in Game 1 against our bullpen arms, we’re probably dead in the water.

I mean, it’s an almost impossible road at this point, but the Coogs had their chance to finish 2nd by winning just one more conference game and wasted a number of chances to do it.

1 Like