Houston vs UCONN - Game 1 AAC Tourney (L 4-3)

Season has been a slow crawl to place you know you don’t want to go!

2 Likes

I was thinking this going into it, honestly.

2 Likes

Your last paragraph says it all…had to win 2/3 against a so so UCF team. The other part you have your Redddd Cougar shirt on. :grin:

1 Like

I mean, we lost 2 out of 3 to the last place team in the conference that’s not even playing this week. The last game in that series we gave up 2 runs in the 9th to lose 4-3 after Rooney got greedy by bringing in Villarreal after he had thrown a ton of pitches the night before (and Roedahl had been lights out in the 8th).

Lost 2 out of 3 to freaking Memphis.

Lost 3 conference games this season when we had the lead going into the 9th inning. Just didn’t have that lockdown closer and our top guys in the bullpen got worn out.

Chances have been there all season.

5 Likes

We don’t want to play ECU tomorrow. Beat Wichita tomorrow and beat UConn on Friday. Then roll the dice against ECU

Btw, Kendall Rogers still says we are in unless we go 0-2

2 Likes

My issue is if they still do somehow get invited , then Whitting looks at it as sucessful year. And not sure what changes will be made. Most of us on here who love baseball n follow Coogs baseball will agree the program hasn’t taken any steps frwd last couple years in building a consistent prog thst will compete for Hosting Regional/Super Regional ea year. That’s where ECU is now. They had horrible start last year snd then rebounded very well n had respectable year . But they’ve been very consistent last few yrs .

4 Likes

I’m certainly not satisfied. Where is any semblance ofoffense coming from next season?

4 Likes

That is the fear at this point.

He’s got to do something about the offense…we just don’t have an NCAA Tourney caliber offense right now and we’re going to lose the two guys that carried us all season in Davis and Triolo. W do have a somewhat decent lineup core coming back, but we’re going to lack power, outside of Cherry, unless one or two of these JUCO guys can come in and mash.

1 Like

Ok a little of my smart a… comes in here. I say we go get Progs from basketball site n help us get some future 2 way MLB players!! :grin::grin::rofl:

3 Likes

That team w Wong, Scheiner, Davis etc could mash. Unfortunately he hasn’t been able to keep that level of hitting in the program.

3 Likes

They have to be hoping they get lucky and get another Jake Scheiner from the JUCO ranks. I am not seeing another Conner Wong or Corey Julks in or group so far.

2 Likes

Help me out Patrick missing couple of them . They could Hit! Loaded. Kinda like ECU now.

1 Like

Julks is one I left out. He’s still hanging around in Astros org I believe.

2 Likes

Also had Triolo, Lockhart and Hollis on that team.

2 Likes

I remember Whitting had him on the bench first part of season and Julks forced his way back in starting line up. Had great year.

2 Likes

The bubble does look pretty weak huh?

1 Like

That team should have made the super regional.

3 Likes

Amen!

2 Likes

You never know when you’ll have the oppty again.

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Next years recruiting class