Leadoff walk, single, single brings home a run…UCONN leads 1-0
Walk and a groundout score another run…UCONN leads 2-0
Groundout to short scores another run…UCONN leads 3-0
Line out to Padegtt ends the inning
M1…Huskies lead 3-0
Wonderful Patrick. Just wonderful.
If it weren’t for basketball, I’d be out on a ledge.
How was that not an error on Joe
Don’t know…should have been. Then again, I’m not sure why Burckel got an error on the ball that went under his glove last night as it was to his backhand and he was sprinting over to get it.
3 straight singles by Davis, Lockhart, and Hyland to leadoff the inning loads the bases.
2Ks and a groundout to SS end the inning. 2nd straight night loading the bases with no outs and not scoring a run.
T3…Huskies lead 3-0
Our situational hitting has gone from bad to worse.
Leadoff single by Lockhart followed by a Hyland walk. Thomas bunt that goes for a hit loads the bases with no outs again. After Burckel Ks, Bielo pinch hits for Lovelace. He walks which scores a run…UCONN leads 3-1
Padgett single to SS (tries to get Thomas at 3rd, but he beats it) which scores another run…UCONN leads 3-2
Cherry double (1st college hit) scores 3…UH leads 5-3
After Triolo Ks, Davis intentionally walked. That’s it for UCONN’s starter.
Lockhart walks to load the bases again. Hyland grounds out to 1st to end it.
T5…Coogs lead 5-3
I need to bad mouth them more often!
Leadoff single, groundout moves him to 2nd, and a single and a bobble in left by Padgett allow the run to score…UH leads 5-4
Runner goes to 3rd on a flyout to center. Catcher’s interference puts runners on the corners. That’s it for Randel as Nolan Bond is on to pitch.
Walk loads the bases with 2 outs. Groundout ends the inning.
M5…Coogs lead 5-4
Are scorekeeper has no clue what an error is
1 out bunt single by Burckel and a walk by Way put runners on 1st/2nd. UCONN goes to the bullpen.
Sac bunt by Padgett moves both runners up. Cherry walks on 4 pitches to load the bases. Triolo pops out to end the inning.
T6…Coogs lead 5-4
Davis Ks and UCONN goes to the bullpen.
Hyland with a 2 out infield single, but that’s it.
T7…Coogs lead 5-4
Villarreal on for the 2nd night in a row.
Freddy retires UCONN in order with a K.
M8…Coogs lead 5-4
- Groundout to 3B for the first out.
- Groundout to 1B for the second out.
- Groundout to 2B finishes it
COOGS WIN! 5-4
Play for the series tomorrow at 11:30
• Cherry recorded his first career hit with a three-run, go-ahead double in a 1-for-4 showing.
• Hyland finished 2-for-3 with two singles, one walk and one run scored.
• Lockhart Jr. was 2-for-4 with two singles, one walk and one run scored.
• Burckel, Davis, Padgett and Thomas all singled in 1-for-4 efforts, respectively.
• Junior third baseman Jared Triolo collected his team-leading third stolen base after reaching on an error in the third inning.
• Senior right-handed pitcher Nolan Bond (1-0) picked up his first win of the season with two and one-third innings of scoreless relief. Bond, who entered in the top of the fifth inning, limited UConn to one hit while walking and striking out one apiece.
• Senior Ryan Randel issued four runs on five hits across four and two-third innings in the no-decision.
• Junior Fred Villarreal tossed two scoreless innings, retiring all six batters he faced with one strikeout, to record his team-leading third save of the season.