Houston vs UNLV - Game 3 - 1 pm (W 9-2)

Bottom 6th

1 out Hyland double followed by a Lovelace double…Coogs lead 4-2

Triolo double scores Lovelace…Coogs lead 5-2

New UNLV pitcher. Burckel infield bunt single, Triolo to 3rd. Coogs strand them though.

T7…UH leads 5-2

2 Likes

I left the audio for 5 mins. Come back n now 5-2 Coogs. Should I leave again ? Time to share — Astros baseball time !!

1 Like

Triolo now 4-4. Have a Day !!

3 Likes

Top 7th

1 out E6, single, walk loads the bases. Popout to Burckel for the 2nd out. Groundout to Burckel ends it.

M7…UH leads 5-2

1 Like

where’s Villarreal

1 Like

I think Rooney’s worries about Freddy after the last few outings.

1 Like

really lack that close the door closer this year.

1 Like

good job getting out of it.

1 Like

tough trying to watch Astros n follow Coogs.

1 Like

Freddy was doing real well, but he started getting overused. Roedahl has done well, but he reminds me of Ken Giles some…can look great at times, but has some scary moments.

1 Like

and Carter Henry just disappeared this year. Hasn’t been used much from what I’ve seen.

1 Like

Was hurt coming into the season and Rooney just hasn’t felt comfortable with using him.

1 Like

Bottom 7th

1 out infield single for Padgett, Thomas reaches on a bunt when the ball is thrown into center, Hyland single loads the bases. UNLV to the bullpen.

Lovelace grounds into a fielders choice, Padgett out at the plate. Triolo single (5-5) singles up the middle to score two…Coogs lead 7-2

New pitcher for UNLV. Coogs can’t get anymore.

T8…UH leads 7-2

Five for Fighting !

1 Like

Top 8th

Villarreal on to pitch.

3 up and 3 down

M8…UH leads 7-2

Bottom 8th

1 out Cherry walk. Bielo double scores Cherry…Coogs lead 8-2

Padgett infield single puts runners on the corners. Thomas grounds out to 2nd, Bielo scores…Coogs lead 9-2

T9…UH leads 9-2

Top 9th

Villarreal back out to finish it

• groundout to Davis
  • groundout to Hyland
  • K swinging

COOGS WIN 9-2!

Big 2 game sweep. Good FAU team coming in Tuesday and then a good offensive Tulane team coming in next weekend.

5 Likes

What’s our RPI now?

FAU comes in with an RPI of 34 on Tuesday.

HOUSTON NOTES
Offense:
• Triolo finished a perfect 5-for-5 with a double, home run and five RBI. His five hits and five RBI were both career highs. Triolo’s five hits are the first for Houston in a game since former teammate Jake Scheiner (2017) went 5-for-5 with three home runs in a 19-11 win over Alabama State on March 19, 2017 .
• Hyland turned in a 2-for-5 effort with a double and career-high three runs scored.
• Cherry finished 2-for-3 with two walks, one run scored and two stolen bases, the first of his career.
• Senior left fielder Grayson Padgett came off the bench to start the seventh inning and went 2-for-2.
• Bielamowicz, Lockhart Jr. and Lovelace each doubled, respectively. Bielamowicz’s RBI two-bagger in the eighth highlighted 1-for-5 afternoon that also saw him walk twice and score once, while Lockhart Jr.'s came in a 1-for-3 effort. Lovelace was 1-for 3 with two RBI and one run scored, also executing a sacrifice bunt in the fourth inning.
• Burckel (1-for-5), Davis (1-for-5), and Fuentes III (1-for-3) singled in the win, with Fuentes III also crossing home plate.
• The Cougars tied their season high with 17 hits as a team. Houston also recorded 17 hits in a 16-1, run-rule win at Stephen F. Austin on March 27 .

Pitching:
• Sophomore southpaw Clay Aguilar (6-3) picked up his sixth win of the season. The native of Deer Park, Texas, scattered two runs on six hits. He walked none and struck out four before being lifted with two outs in the sixth inning.
• Junior Sean Bretz got the final out of the sixth and battled to get out of a bases-loaded jam to turn in a scoreless seventh.
• Junior Fred Villarreal finished the game off with two perfect innings, retiring all six batters faced. He recorded one strikeout.