Houston's win against Louisville last week gave the Cougars two top-five wins this season. Now can The American please get some respect from the rest of the nation?

Houston’s win against Louisville last week gave the Cougars two top-five wins this season. Now can The American please get some respect from the rest of the nation?

It’s time for the College Football Playoff committee, which judges teams on a weekly basis, to take a longer view of the overall strength of The American and its competitive league play among the contenders when evaluating its teams. The American has five teams with at least eight wins – Navy, Temple, USF, Houston and Tulsa. Memphis has seven wins entering the final weekend, and SMU and UCF have made remarkable turnarounds in 2016 as the Knights have secured bowl eligibility and the Mustangs stand one win away.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, the committee only cares about propping up the money conferences.

2 Likes

No they won’t. The CFP is summed up by one word.CARTEL.

1 Like

They smile every time we lose - How can Michigan lose to a not ranked in the top 50 Iowa and drop only one spot? Same for Ohio State and Clemson- Then get up set when FSU loses time and time again!These folks know where their bread is uttered

Friends, why are some of you surprised by the CFP ranking?
We are in a G5 not in a P5. We mean nothing to them. The CFP is the creation of the cartel.
We will never play, compete on an equal footing until we get into one. That is why it is so frustrating to even look at these rankings. Look at Western Michigan. They beat two P5 teams and are now 11-0. They will never get a chance to play for the big salad bowl. So the question is. Why even bother to play Div I if you can’t compete at the highest level?
I mentioned it before. When G5 team become very competitive they won’t be schedule by top P5 Schools. That is what is going to happen to us. You can guarantee it.

Navy was a great add to the conference. That will be a huge rivalry game for us in the years to come. I am all for the P6 we just need to add some other state type schools.:thinking: with a big money deal we can push for BYU.Thoughts?

BYU would be a nice add, but they won’t join unless we get some type of access to the playoffs. Still, it doesn’t hurt to try and it doesn’t hurt if the commissioner looks at trying to set something up with the MWC.