How can this be happening in 2024?

Where is the law?
One Jewish student not feeling free to go to class because of her/his religion is inconceivable in 2024 or any other year. I am 100% for free speech but campuses taken hostages by non students begs the question. Where is the law? Where is our police “clearing out” these racists, antisemites? Shutting down bridges in major metro areas? What happens to these same people on bridges that had life defining appointments? This is total anarchy. This has nothing to do with free speech but imposing your will on others.

Your grievance topic of the day? Stick to knock offs at Hobby airport.

1 Like

I gotta agree with 92010 here.

Blocking Jewish students’ access to classes, making Jewish students and professors feel unsafe, that goes over the line as far as First Amendment peaceful protest is concerned.

Columbia U had to cancel in person classes because of this. To the extent that they are blocking traffic, or trespassing on private property, they can be arrested.

1 Like

The other issue of these …breaking the law is that it is happening on private grounds. The fact that they have not being expulsed/arrested speak volumes of who ever is commanding these police forces.
Columbia is private and many others are.
Other public and private institutions can not guarantee Jewish students safety. These same students should sue/class action lawsuits these so called higher places of learning. Until this happens these unlawful/illegal demonstrations will continue.
It is also time that a National march pro Jewish students be organized. All leaders from every side and in between should be part of this march. It is way over due.
Do some of you realize how damaging this is?
Every schools/university presidents linked to these that are not doing anything ought to be fired.
I would have never expected that this would happen in America. This has nothing to do with demonstrations.

I have a Jewish friend that has been going to a Spoken Word Poetry night for years. He recently posted that he no longer feels safe at the event. The hate and antisemitism has become overwhelming, worse is the fact that the crowd cheers for such Poetry at the event. He went to the head of the event and expressed his concerns and was told he is free to respond with any of his own Poetry. Instead he has decided it is no longer an event he will attend.

1 Like

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristallnacht

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” – George Santayana

2 Likes

The scariest part in this is the fact that we do not have a National uprising against these law breakers.