How can you not love this

These pics say EVERYTHING about our culture and how much these kids love one another.

20 Likes

Man that was one of my favorite moments. After missing the first and everyone going up to him to encourage him

1 Like

When Elvin went back to the bench after that FT, he sat in Kelvin’s seat. Was that so they could get him in quickly if needed, or was that a show of respect? I’ve just never noticed a player sitting in the middle of the coaches before.

They brought Lath in for D.
If by chance we had the ball again Ryan would’ve gone back in.

1 Like

Kelvin has said previously that Ryan is his favorite player on the team, so he probably gets those rights

Hard to imagine a talented recruit not wanting to be part of the UH Cougar BB Culture.

5 Likes

Well knowing that Elvin had to be ready at any moment during that time, he had to be nearby the coaches for instructions instead of his usual spot by the end of the bench.

Similar to when the QB has to be near the head coach when the kick return team is on the field.

We’ll be going up against a recruit that picked Duke over us

1 Like

Jared McCain. Make him repay the money we spent on him, his girlfriend, brother, and parents to wine and dine them during his official visit so he can have his story posted on his social media platform. LOL. He was a Dookie all along. Was just waiting for that offer.

4 Likes

A coach goes into a room of high school kids (or college kids) and asks the question, “who here wants to be great”? Who isn’t going to raise their hand.

The bigger question is who’s willing to put in all the hard work and surrender your own agenda for the sake of the team? Who’s willing to do all the weight lifting sessions at 6am? Who’s willing to run sprints at 6am? Who’s willing to dive on the floor for loose balls? Who’s willing to go through the countless practices where all they do is work on rebounding (throwing their bodies around to come up with the ball)?

And last but not least who’s will to go through the drills where all they do is work on D? Where you have to play D for 60 secinds on the shot clock and if anyone lets up before the clock hits zero the clock is reset back to 60 seconds?

Everyone says they want to be great but it takes a SPECIAL kind of kid to play here. A kid who wants to be coached HARD because it isn’t about popping off saying you want to be great (ANYONE say these words). Who’s willing to put the work in and NOT quit when they’re doing all of this in June and July and August when nobody is watching?

That’s why coach evaluates kids (not recruit). Takes time to figure out what a kids DNA is.

5 Likes

Yeah, that makes sense. I’ve just never noticed that before. (Although I’m sure I’ll see it every game now that I say that.)

1 Like

New recruits may be a little scared. Playing for the Sampson Coogs is like joining the Marines. :thinking: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Sounds like SELECTION for Buds . . . . .

2 Likes

lol
IMG_5027

It’s the first time a recruit has chosen a different school after we had them come to campus

2 Likes

Some kids are only in it for the money now.

McCain does not fit the culture. Nails painted doing stupid songs and dancing no not a fit

1 Like