How many Big 12 programs out of 16 have baseball teams?

All 16?

Or 15? I’ve heard Colorado doesn’t.

ISU doesn’t as well. I believe everyone else fields a team.

Ok, so 14 teams in the future.

Divisions?

Pods?

How would the scheduling work?

Also, I assume BYU would play Saturday double headers, right?

Also, with the PAC additions, where would this conference rank, baseball wise?

1st or 2nd?

Not sure what they would do. Right now BYU typically plays TH-SAT series and a weekday game. So maybe the Big 12 would allow them to keep doing that.

1 Like

The two Arizona schools are solid. Arizona has been the more successful recently but both programs have multiple national championships. We’re the third best add historically. So kind of good and bad there. The other four haven’t really accomplished much. We’re definitely behind the SEC but probably pretty even with the ACC. Maybe a bit behind, just depends on how some of the new adds perform (us included).

1 Like

Just did some research.

UA and ASU bring, between them, nine national titles, nine runners up, and FORTY College World Series appearances.

BYU adds two College World Series appearances.

UH adds two College World Series and one runner up.

Utah adds one.

UCF and Cincy have none.

Among legacy members…

Tech has four CWS appearances.
Baylor has three CWS appearances.
TCU has six CWS appearances.
Okie State has five CWS appearances and one natty.
Kansas has one CWS appearance.
Kansas State and West Virginia have never been to the CWS.

So overall, from top to bottom, TEN natties, TEN runners up, and more than 60 CWS appearances.

Very strong baseball league.

GONNA BE FUN!!!

2 Likes

Would be if we were any good.

6 Likes

Second or third. The SEC is still far and away the best conference in college baseball. This new iteration of the Big 12 is going to be a very good baseball conference. It might surpass the ACC, but no guarantee there as Wake Forest, Clemson, Duke, UNC, NC State, Ga. Tech, Louisville etc. are all very good programs.

1 Like

The ACC may not be a better conference but they will be rated better by the powers that be!

This is an awesome thread.

Let me pose a question and then go an answer the question I posed by using Google/Wiki. :thinking:

Then give said information that most on this board already know……# Legendary

Nothing I researched answered the question as to where the conference is ranked though.

My research shows that the conference has a good deal of history, but it does NOT show how we compare with other conferences.

Also, how will the scheduling work out?

Any thoughts?

Those questions remain unanswered.

A few have given opinions on one of those questions, but I am sure that there are others.

There is nothing out there comparing the new conferences because no one has started to play in them yet. If I had to guess, as I said earlier, I believe the Big 12 would have the second best conference in the country, but others will probably give the ACC the nod. IMO, they are the most overrated conference because they can’t compete with the SEC in the tournament. Of course, others can have their own opinion.

The schedule has been worked out with the league. However, they are obviously wanting to make a big deal about it when they announce it. My guess is it doesn’t happen until November. They usually don’t release the schedule until December but we will see.

1 Like

What are your guesses as to the format? Round Robin? Pods? Divisions?

I heard or read it somewhere where it is going to be a round robin format where everybody plays everyone else. That is a lot of conference games, though, so I don’t know how accurate that is. Since they do it that way in football, I can see where they will not want to divide them up differently for another sport. I guess that would take care of our lack of a decent NC schedule!

1 Like

Kid is legit.

I don’t know if he is Number one in the country legit….we’ll see if he can have another season like last year.

I hear there will be a 30 game conference schedule this year.I don’t expect any divisions or pods.Also,hearing Texas and Houston not on our(WVU) schedule this year.

Lot of coogfans need to drive by UTs baseball stadium, its gorgeous