Hunt for Blue October

Thread tracking the Astros’ march towards the best record in baseball.

Astros - 6 1/2
Mets. - 7 1/2
Braves - 8 1/2
Yanks. - 10 1/2

I only put the Yankees there for laughs. I think they will be 14-16 off the pace by the end. The Braves/Mets is fascinating. I prefer to play the Mets but I’d be satisfied just having a better record than either by season’s end. There’s no one in the American that “should” dethrone the Astronauts for the pennant.

4 Likes

Good guys only need to go 19-17 to win 100 games for the fourth time in six years. I think we’ll hold off the Yanks. Dont see anyone catching the Dodgers record wise. I also think the Braves will win the NL East. Ultimately I think the Series will be a 2017 rematch or 2021 rematch.

1 Like

Who do you prefer?

I always look at the National series as the one that got away.

1 Like

Option C: anyone else, would be nice. But between LA and ATL wed have our work cut out for us either way. I honestly think id rather play the Dodgers even though they’re a little better than the Braves and would likely have home field on us. It just seems like the rematch is over due. Since the 2017 Series the two teams have alternated appearences. I think its time we faced off again. Would be sweet to beat them again.

1 Like

And yah the 2019 team was imo our best team. The fact that they lost in game 7 of the series without being able to win a single game at home was and still is crushing. Truly a historic choke job. The Nats were good and super hot but they still had no business winning that series.

5 Likes

2019 Astros was our best team ever and one of the best of all time.

3 Likes

I have a gut feeling either the Braves or Mets are going to take out the Dodgers……let’s just try to stay in front of those two….

If it is the Dodgers I’d rather beat them on their home field again just to watch them crap themselves and suffer.

3 Likes

I love the Astros and have so since the beginning in 1962, but geez I wish we had something positive to talk about the UH program.

2 Likes

We don’t sir.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

We’re going to the Big 12 and Pearland is chock full of talent… Positive… :grin:

1 Like

Yep.

I’ve been saying this the past five weeks. ATL or NYM coming out of the NTL league.

2 Likes

Astros -8
Mets -9

Astros -6.5
Mets -7.0
Yankees - 11.5

Update;

Astros - 5.5
Mets - 6.0
Yankees - 11.0

1 Like

Errors from Bregman and Yuli in the same game yesterday sunk Framber. Weird game.

1 Like

Damn, that’s bad when you commit an error from retirement……Dave Bergman?

Dude hit .400 for the Astros in 79’

1 Like

If it could happen, it would have happened last night.

Both Yuli and Alex broke 40+ game errorless streaks.

The catcher trying to steal 3B with two outs and Yordan at the plate is about the stupidest thing I’ve seen from the Astros.

WTF?

Baserunning was terrible today. Lucky to get the win.

4 Likes

Yep.

With Altuve he has a green light most of the time…but Vasquez was clearly given the steal sign….new level of dumb….even for Dusty.

Also, I guess we brought up one of the best hitting prospects in the organization to sit around….let him play four or five days in a row and get some sort of rhythm.

2 Likes