Hypothetically - If Texas at Houston is a reality; what kind of viewership numbers are we talking? ABC game?

Pretty much like a regular UT game. UH fans in good numbers equal to a regular UT opponent. Regular UT viewers. It won’t be like Texas OU. IF we hyped it a lot better than average. The non UH fans won’t feel the hate like in UT/OU. They city could be hyped up a lot, but I don’t see that happening.

All depends on team win loss records 2 weeks prior when they pick times and channels (maybe get pushed to the 6 day notification window if both teams are doing well).

The marketing could be tremendous. UT has actively avoided playing UH for over 20 years even turning down a $1M reduction in CTH’s buyout. Kept UH out of B12 for 30 years. Probably be the only meeting between the two schools this century unless they meet in a playoff game. With decent records and past history, this could be the biggest football story of the year.

3 Likes

Who would possibly care about any of that beyond a few uh fans?

The only way this game gets national attention is if both teams are sitting 6-0. Then it gets national attention and the dirty history could get sucked into it all.

Nobody cares about this game except UH and UT and a handful of SWC nostalgic psychopaths.

1 Like

ESPN News joined in progress after an epic Cornhole match that just wouldn’t end.

4 Likes

[quote=“OldtimeCoog, post:23, topic:42986, full:true”]With decent records and past history, this could be the biggest football story of the year.
[/quote]

I think you need your head examined.

Manning’s debut

And I also think it is “Game Day” worthy.

Game Day worthy to who?

The entire college football world. Market the heck out of the back story about the T-S@its 20+ years of backstabbing and our struggle to return to the top level of college football. It’s a human interest story out the wazzu.

1 Like

1 billion viewers

2 Likes

lol not Gameday worthy

I’m probably being trolled.

Yea, looks like it’s actually a sarcastic post. Or a different type of humor

Sorry guys. A UT/UH is not going to draw huge attention. I’ll be 40 in June, and I vaguely remember the SWC or any games with UT other than bleachergate. And that’s with my sister attending UH in the early 90s.

It would only be a big deal if it is played at NRG.

People around the state would watch.

1 Like

Only way College Gameday would come, is if both teams are undefeated.

Great, people around here want the largest audience possible to watch us get our A$$!@ KICKED at home on national TV…

Sigh…

1 Like