I apologize beforehand

I am in San Antonio but I think you Houstonians may be facing the same problem regarding Direct TV
And CBS.

Pissing match between TEGNA and Direct TV has resulted in CBS being taken off the air. They say they are negotiating around the clock to come to deal….
But I do not want to miss the Texans games or any College Championship Games on CBS.

Looking for the easiest way to get CBS until deal has been struck.

Thanks in advance, I’ll hang up and listen.

1 Like

Paramount +

1 Like

Rabbit ears.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Wait.

So regular network CBS was taken off?

That sounds messed up.

I guess get a regular antenna for that.

1 Like

Yes, if you have a streaming device, Roku, Fire Stick, etc. it should work for you. Looks like channel 11, KHOU, is a having the same issue. There always the local sports bar too.

1 Like

I have a fire stick so I can get espn+.

So just use that huh……thanks

1 Like

Just make sure you have Paramount Plus. It is a subscription service. They probably have some free X number of days free deals if you don’t.

1 Like

Appreciate all the responses.

Thanks Fred.

2 Likes

Hulu…Had similar problem with Directv and our local(s) down her in RGV.

1 Like

I like Direct TV and I have the big sports package( great for keeping up with bets)

……but this is super annoying.

2 Likes

It’s a pissing contest between the corporate tv station owners and Directv. Dish has the same problem. Each sides points the finger at the other…they both lie methinks. We did without 2 stations here for a coupla months

1 Like

FUBO has CBS. You could try the free trial for the weekend and cancel before the trial ends.

1 Like

same issue here in Burnet - Direct TV won’t be airing the UT v OK State game

luckily the outdoor hangout area has dish and only the house has direct.

I don’t live here just hunting for the weekend - rancher is a big UT alum / fan and told us he’s bringing chili and watching the game with us tomorrow lol

1 Like

This is what I use for broadcast tv. Got the cheapest converter I could find whenever they went to digital broadcast, whatever decade that was. It works.

I also realized that a couple of the channels are on Sling, depending on what package I have at the time. (I am constantly switching from Blue to Orange depending on whether Coogs games that day are on ESPN or FS1).

I don’t know if just a Fire Stick by itself will get you there, but I’m too old to understand the 40,000 different ways we get TV channels now.

2 Likes

Internet. Use streameast to watch NFL and NBA games.

1 Like

1 Like

CW was off Directvv for like 3 months earlier this year. I think CBS was off Directv 2yrs ago too it lasted a couple weeks before it was resolved.

1 Like

1 Like