I Feel A Disturbance In The Force

2022-03-08 Nickel

That Nickel episode was bogus. But China owns the LME now so they make the rules. Chart above is through Tuesday March 8th. Many of the traders who thought they had made big money on that spike up in prices had their trades cancelled by the exchange and Got Nothing!

I saw an interview of am American in Shanghai, they are not even allowed to walk their dogs outside so the animals are going in their apartments.

China, seriously?

Why do we care what other countries do in their own sovereign country?

The Left always seems to care what they are doing in Denmark.

1 Like

The really pro commie folks also likes to bring up the system in china and how great it is.

1 Like

Who?

China isn’t a Communist country. It is an authoritarian regime which retains ownership of some vital industries, and tries to dictate economic policy. Nothing at all communist about China beyond the name of the CCP. That doesn’t mean they aren’t a pimple on the world’s butt and are evil, evil, and more evil. However, they aren’t Communist.

2 Likes

Tend to agree, but this will be hard for some to
accept. Just like we are not a pure capitalistic country.
And came close to not being a representative democracy anymore.

Do you believe communism if done correctly would be a great form of government?

Nope. Terrible, dehumanizing system. I’m on team Capitalism.

2 Likes

When do you believe this shift from communist country to authoritarian regime happened?

The Nixon opening was the first push. It gave potential markets for China to export goods so they could earn dollars. It’s been gradual, and the Army (which is more than just the Army) still owns a lot of enterprises. What most of us hoped was that economic freedom would inevitably lead to liberalization - free elections, etc. Doesn’t look like it will happen soon, if ever, short of a famine or other catastrophe leaving people with nothing to lose. I’m 70, so I won’t live to see it.

2 Likes

The only way communism “works” is with a totalitarian government that eventually falls (USSR) or converts to a hybrid (China).

I can’t think of one developed country that is purely capitalistic without any some kind social safety net and would let poor people just die in the street.

We get stuck arguing extremes that don’t exist.

Wanting billionaires to pay 20% minimum tax does not make one a communist so can we lose the notion that Democrats like Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders are communists?

2 Likes

But they are

2 Likes

Can you be more specific about how came to that conclusion. Give it a shot.

These labels aren’t helpful, but they are provocative, which is most of the point. Defending against accusations takes up a lot of time and can be exhausting. Mission accomplished.

2 Likes

That’s libelous and fallacious at best news article more like a hit piece, Bernie is no communist, the elites just want to scare those who don’t follow anything except personality politics. They the elites told the Democrats they would throw there support behind Trump if Bernie was nominated.

1 Like

An article from the New York Post offering accusations of guilt by association is rather unconvincing to me. Care to add?

1 Like

No. It won’t convince you anyway