I have something for you

If I see that commercial one more time I’m going to scream!

Agreed!

I like commercials with Lily for ATT Mobile.

2 Likes

Comments like that make her feel unsafe. Think how she feels before you type.

3 Likes

I would venture, without researched medical information, that overweight/obese people have many more medical conditions than those that come within “normal” weight to height ratios, given bone structure/body type. If my supposition is correct, those folks are much more of a burden on our society, especially when they are on government medical care. IMHO, being grossly overweight is not normal and should be addressed at the earliest convenience . . . . .

Back to the topic (sort of…). The best holiday ad is definitely the season ender for Dr. Pepper…

They have had the greatest ads aimed at us, the avid college football fan…as quoted by another poster “…you know, I never really saw an upside for Rico…” nailed all of us perfectly.
All the actors are dumb as posts, and they poke seriously funny stuff at us all…

It is the one and only ad I look forward to seeing each week…

2 Likes

Have read that 40-50% of the population (depending on the article) is not only overweight but morbidly obese. I am morbidly overweight. I am 6 ft 235. I also run about 50 miles a month, coach and do Jiu Jitsu 4 days a week, play mma on the side (getting hit in the face is less and less fun as I approach 44) and have cardio for days. But according to the charts I am morbidly obese (with a resting heart rate of 55 and averaging 11 breaths a minute).

But the majority of tubby folks get winded going up the stairs. And those that are in ‘fit’ range are stressed out at work, don’t work out and are just as unhealthy. Our country is incredibly unhealthy. This pandemic had a chance to address fat and unhealthiness, but instead just called them comorbidities and made excuses for them. Fat is not healthy. But skinny isn’t always healthy either.

How do they tally something like that? Surveys?

Doctor reporting, surveys, case studies. Same as any survey. Probably a +/- score in it. I assume it is a large sample size.

1 Like

Here is one way.

Obesity sounds like huge people. I was 210 pounds at 5"10. Comparatively I thought I was fine. But technically I was obese. Unfortunately the health problems are real. It’s hard to change eating habits and find ways to be active but we need to do it.
On the other side some people, especially kids, are having super unrealistic expectations on their body image. We are the body type given to us. These phone filter apps are ridiculous with how you can change your look. The thinness we see isn’t even real most of the time. Even Plastic surgeons are saying it’s getting out hand what people want now, and they hear people say they want to look better for social media. Not a good trend

Watch the social dilemma. Spooky doc on Netflix. It is created to get kids get likes. The dopamine hit is real.

Not to attack the education system, but in the elementary world pre pandemic we were down to 3 45 minute PE’s a week and a daily 15 minute recess. Our youth is getting fatter and the ones that aren’t fat are not that active. Since the pandemic it is worse because kids have to socially distance outside so no sports at the short recess and lots of dancing in PE. We are so focused on testing and technology.

1 Like

Way too many look like “Milk Drop Mo”.

Go to Wal Mart and stand near the entry . . . . .

I lost over 25 lbs once I started dancing. I was eating CFS, mashed potatoes and corn w/dinner roll for lunch and eating jelly donuts w/milk for supper and still loosing weight, and not trying. Dancing can be good for you. Failed to mention . . . . . now my feet hurt, my knees hurt and my hips hurt, saying nothing of my shoulders. After 35 years on the dance floor, I still enjoy it but do not dance near as much any longer.

1 Like

Remind me again which country has the most medals in the Olympics.