I Re-watched the game

just to get in on the debtae about our torueny potential, i actually loved what i saw for us in UCF

on most nights UCF points come from their guards we held them 6-22 on the field (27% from the field)…for those that dont know the context of stats that is AMAZING…

and yes dejon refused to go up against tacko in the post, but if you remove what happened in the post, jarreau was getting by their guards with ease, and they had their best defenders on him

the player who scored for them came out of the blue… sampson literally says we didnt know collins could shoot in the post game presser (in a rematch we’ll be prepared)

and we missed freethrows, but half of it was from corey and dejon and stats show this was an outlier not the norm…

plus coreys 3pt shot is back

and so not to sound like a pure sunshine pumper, the only thing that is troublesome is the disappearance on Armoni, not counting tulane (because they are horrible), he has disappeared on offense the last 8 games…if we want a legitimate final 4 type run, he needs to give us some full games

4 Likes

Aside from our miscues… missed free throws, some easy baskets and a chunk of 3’s… it just seemed UCF had our playbook or at least watched at least 3 or 4 games on us. They defended us pretty well and made some really good shots. I thought we had it as well and would sneak by with a win when we went up late but that annoying feeling of just not being as dominant as we usually seem to be took effect and it just sucked it had to happen on a big TV night for us.

But in a way i’m kind of glad it did. Gotta have a little piss&vinegar in our swagger going into the tournament.

3 Likes

Agree pesik Armoni has surprisingly become one our best and most consistent rebounders this season which is why he’s still getting a lot of minutes.

With Armoni I’m concerned about next year as he’ll be our key senior, probably captain, getting even more minutes, and he is just not consistent enough offensively.

I actually feel everything you are saying, all season i feel like we haven’t played any good teams and was worried we may get exposed as an overrated team and this game it happened. Not sure we lose to smu but i dont see us beating cincy or going far in the conference tourney. I also dont see us making it past the second round of the ncaa tourney and i could easily see us losing the first game.

Great to see all the frauds come out after a loss. That’s the problem with free boards

9 Likes

Gotta love us Coogs! Express any concern and you are a fraud or worse!

JV , make sure you get your tickets next to 74 next year … we lose two games and we have been exposed … we will win both conf and tourney …

UCF will beat Cincy on Thursday. #BookIt

2 Likes

I guess we just have different opinions as to what a “concern” is.

Haven’t played any good teams? Ha. Ok. Get exposed as overrated? You guys do realize that basketball isn’t football right? Great teams lose games. It’s incredibly difficult to run through an entire season undefeated.

Yes, the Coogs didn’t play well against UCF. This team has the talent and the potential to make a deep run. That doesn’t mean they will. Good teams, teams capable of winning the entire tournament, will get knocked out early. Doesn’t mean they aren’t good.

If you watch college basketball you realize that advancing deep in the tournament was always going to require a few fortunate bounces going UH’s way.

Not sure how losing one game changes anything. The Coogs were up two with a couple minutes to play despite having played badly. Would everyone here be making these comments had they won Saturday? Nothing really would have changed. Marquette just lost to creighton, do you guys think their fans are hitting the panic button?

3 Likes

Everyone loses games this time of the year except for Gonzaga who plays in a really weak conference…don’t get me wrong their a great team but if they played in our conference I guarantee they would have two losses as well. Would much rather lose now than in the tournament.

1 Like

Guess every fan base has their fair share of dummies…

4 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me at all to lose at Cincy. My prediction all along was win out until we get to Cincy. I thought they would be our 2nd loss. I still think we beat SMU, lose to Cincy, make it to the conference finals, and a sweet 16. I think our upside is still elite 8. I never thought we were a Final 4 team.

We are NOT overrated. We lost to a very good and very well coached team. No shame in that. It’s not like we lost to Rice or Tulane.

2 Likes

I think that Hinton should start, with Armoni coming off the bench.

1 Like

Good chance UCF may jump into Top25 Monday or under rv and within top30.

3 Likes

Wasn’t UCF a preseason favorite to win the conference? We went 1-1 with them. Not sure how that exposed anything other than the top half of our conference is really good. Also, said top half is finally playing up to their potential where UH and Cincy has been all season.

8 Likes

This I agree with and root for

2 Likes

we beat lsu without dejon, Chris harris and extremely limited minutes from corey because of foul trouble
lsu will win the SEC and wil be ranked top 10 next week…lsu just beat a top 5 team without lsu best player playing …

we have beaten cincy who is top 25

yeah ucf just beat us but we were up 20 on them with 3 mins left in the game at their place

we blew out Utah state who is currently a projected 9 seed, and will have top 25 votes
we beat oregon when they had bol bol and kenny wotten together.

you can easily see us losing the 1st round??..we are still projected a 3 seed, meaning we are getting a mid major the 1st round …

some of you guys are taking the pessimism a bit far

15 Likes

I think so too.

1 Like

Westhoff is a notorious troll on tbe CSNBBS AAC board. He is constantly negative about UH on that board and picking fights with teams from other schools. FYI.

3 Likes