I Re-watched the game

UCF might be the best team in our conference right now. That’s not a knock on us or Cincy, but no one is going to want to play UCF in the dance. Have to see if they can keep it up Thursday. They might be living up to the preseason hype. No one can deny they looked the part yesterday.

4 Likes

Figures man…could tell he was a troll lol

1 Like

If UCF does not have Taco. We win this game even with the same mistakes/miscues. When we beat them at their place Taco got into foul trouble and never recovered. If he would not have had foul problems then they probably beat us that game also. I am not to worried About the loss.

1 Like

Once again, UCF is starting to peak…at nearly the perfect time. I agree with Chester that UCF could beat Cincy. These guys are a hassle and it’s why they were picked to win the conference.

CKS knew what we needed to do. But the guy can’t shoot the ball for us. At the beginning of the season most of us thought we would split with UCF and Cincy…and we weren’t in the least afraid of the prospect.

The season starts in a couple of weeks. That’s when I’ll start breaking furniture over a loss.

2 Likes

There is different between expressing concern amd some of the bs is this thread. If we had this performance against Tulane, i could understand the pessimism. However we lost the team picked to win the conference in the preseason. UCF has always paid tough defense, our scoring woes were to be expected especially with how tall they were. This team will adjust. Hoping to best SMU but if we lose to Cincinnati it is not the end of the world.

2 Likes

What is troubling for me from the game on Sat is that there were way too many missed free throws, but even more so, the Coogs came out in the 2nd half and went 5 mins. or more without scoring a point. Also, why is it that almost every game recently, the Coogs jump into the lane too quickly thus giving the other team additional free throws, or when the Coogs finally make a free throw, it gets negated by jumping into the lane too early. On Saturday, T Fall got 3 additional shots due to early jumpers. Of course, he missed every one of them.

3 Likes

Lane violations are a problem, but I am forgiving of the ones involving T Fall, as his shooting motion is so awkward.

2 Likes

The Temple loss kinda felt that way, too, from what I remember with a lot of you folks. But alas, Coogs responded with another long winning streak that was, in a lot of ways, more impressive than the first.

So, in keeping with the trend, Coogs could do it again.

And just think, even if Coogs never lose another game in 2019, it will still only be their third longest winning streak of the season. So, no…not all is lost

4 Likes

There may have been others but this is the first game I can remember this season where we got beaten for the first 5 minutes of a second half

3 Likes

Good Lord. Hide the guns, pills,… It’s one game! No one died and the sun will rise again.

2 Likes

Fatigue could have been an issue as well. Coogs arrived in Houston at 3:30 am on Thursday morning and then had to play Saturday afternoon. Not a lot of time for the bodies to get right after a trip like that and it throws off the routine.

But, as CKS keeps saying, we were going to lose another game. It happened; hopefully it will be awhile before the next one.

5 Likes

One thing for sure I will not be doing.

Re-watch the game.

3 Likes

I agree with almost everything here. In my opinion the game changed when Galen flew through the air and
landed on his face/forehead. We lost our tempo when our only true point guard came out. We take a couple of steps longer to get down the court without Galen and that gives the opponent’s big men more time to get in position and set up on defense. With regard to Brooks he is not open very often in the corner and his shot while getting open to his right is not nearly as effective. When Galen had recovered enough half way through the second half we immediately came back. Without his faster tempo we are not the same team. With it we can beat anybody although Gonzaga looks like hell on wheels.

3 Likes

TF can change a game! CKS said TF makes you throw out 1/2 your play book. Game @ UCF TF got 2 quick fouls & wasn’t much of a factor. Anytime we get out rebounded it is going to be a close contest. WE HAVE A VERY GOOD TEAM! I believe will finish strong!

1 Like

On offense I thought Tacko stayed in 3 second lane quite a lot-was never called which I think helped their outside game considerably.

6 Likes

He should have had 2 very quick fouls in this game. I couldn’t believe the refs were letting him throw his elbows around like that! I really thought we defended him about as well as we could. 7’6" is just super hard to defend, especially when he can use his elbows and dunk without jumping.

3 Likes

CKS was definitely on the refs about that. Hard to stop a guy that big if the refs let him camp out in the lane forever.

5 Likes

Actually you’re completely wrong about everything you just stated… im not a troll im actually a die hard coog fan and i will happily admit to being a negative nancy. I only have 2 emotions, either im happy our team won or i think we suck, I literally have no in between.

I also rarely get in a fight with the other fans you dont get 160 positive rep from all non coog fans if you’re constantly getting in a fight with them. I mostly only get in a fight with fellow newbie coog fans who haven’t gotten to know me and realized that im self admitted ridiculous negative nancy.

I can totally respect people not agreeing with my opinions, but i have no respect for blatant liars. Nor do I respect someone who calls a person a troll for simply not sharing their opinion. All you have done is make yourself look a clown and maybe you should actually look up the definition of a troll before calling me one with no facts to back it up.

Not that this is any break through take, but missed free throws will cost you basketball games. Nobody should know this better than UH. It cost PSJ the national title. It cost us last season against Michigan. It obviously cost us the W vs. UCF. Can’t miss many free throws against good teams and expect to win. Hopefully this gets cleaned up for the tourney run.

It seems like free throws have been a problem for a while now. I can remember multiple games this year where if we made our free throws we would have won by much bigger margins.