I Re-watched the game

The_Coog posted - It seems like free throws have been a problem for a while now. I can remember multiple games this year where if we made our free throws we would have won by much bigger margins.

Totally agree with you Westhoff!

Corey only shot 50% from the FT line.

He needs to practice more. :sunglasses:

1 Like

He is the only one somewhat reliable in the free throw department.

I haven’t seen any mention that we had our lowest assist total of the season. UCF held us to only 7 assisted shots. We’ve been held below 10 assists in only three games, and two of them were losses. The third was at USF, a game which we made up for it with a season high 28/35 FTs. The UCF defense really did a number against our offensive gameplan.
edit: The Temple win was our 2nd lowest assist total, not the Temple loss. It was also a game in which we shot a ton of FTs, 23/36.

2 Likes

We also had our lowest 2nd chance points. I think there was only 3 points.

We had at least two lane violations that negated one FT by Jarreau. Those two lane violations probably cost us 2-4 points. This can’t happen and it’s very correctable.

We had two or three shot clock violations. Not getting a shot off?

FG% in 2nd half was 32%?

We have a tendency to focus on FT when there are numerous other lost opportunities to win the game.

2 Likes

I think we had a lane violation negate a Harris ft make as well. Can’t afford to squander those :grinning:

4 Likes

Nate shoots just under 85%. Ced alley around 78. Dejon after a couple of subpar games still over 72

Are you and 74 “related”?

3 Likes

Im not saying your wrong but i can just remember multiple games where we missed alot of free throws that could have helped.

1. If this was true, UH would have more than two losses this season.
  2. This team’s FT shooting is solid - not bad and not elite.
  3. It is more situational FT shooting where they need improvement: late in game, front end of 1-and-1.
  4. All missed FTs are ones that could have helped
2 Likes

Their zone was giving us fits. They knew exactly where we wanted to pass the ball. For long stretches we were scared to pass scared to shoot scared to do anything except dribble aimlessly around the perimeter and that’s not us. Best defense we’ve seen all year with the possible exception of Cincy.

This is why Hinton should have played more 2nd half. His mid-range jumper was the best weapon we had against UCF and it was on the bench. That’s how you break down a zone.

5 Likes

Hinton starts over Brooks in my opine.

We might have exposed a weakness in our offense for other teams to model. Hopefully this is not the case. This loss could be an important wake up call to the team and coaching staff. As a fan, it has set off an alarm that I can’t seem to turn off.

lol all they need to replicated is just get a 7’6 center

4 Likes

Huh?

I caught it, pesik

It also would have been nice if Fabian’s shot was following. Normally his mid range is automatic. It reminded of Devin’s last game against Michigan last year 

1 Like

Dude, just crawl into a hole. Your negative vibes don’t do the team nor the fans any good. We can definitely vent here and convey our worries, but you’re a little over the top
unless, that is, that you’re trying to do some sort of reverse superstitious mojo.

Dang we got out played and got beat at home by a well prepared and talented UCF team.
That said, I have watched this team play with grit and determination all year long. If anyone expects our Coogs to come out flat and unprepared against SMU and Cincy I believe you to be dead wrong.
One thing I know certain about this team, we will play our collective hearts out and the chips will fall where they fall
Go Coogs
beat SMOOO

6 Likes

Perhaps Corey should shoot his FT from the 3 point line. He would be more effective.

2 Likes