I realize this isn’t football…..BUT…

……our women’s soccer team just beat its SECOND Top 15 opponent this year by dispatching Skip and Muffy U. (SMU).

It is our program’s first win over SMU (a perennial women’s soccer powerhouse) in Dallas in program history.

The team is now something like 10-2-2 on the season.

GO LADY COOGS!!!

33 Likes

Technically to the rest of the world, this is considered football.

Great to see that the ladies are having success this season.

7 Likes

well done Ladies. I have ESPN+ and they are always advertising our ladies soccer and volleyball team and have their games on. I might have to watch one or two.

I don’t know much about soccer, but the rest of the world seems to like it, so why not give it a try.

1 Like

Congrats to the women’s soccer team!

Now back to me being grumpy. There are different sections to this forum for a reason. If people wanted to know about women’s soccer they could go to the women’s sports sub forum. The claim that it doesn’t get much traffic, is the ugly answer that people just don’t want to discuss.

Aaaaaaaaaand that’s my controversial post of the day. Happy Friday!

6 Likes

I like talking about anything UH including soccer!

7 Likes
2 Likes

In soccer, you try to kick the ball or hit it with the head so it goes into the net. They have plays but you have to watch many games to figure them out. There is a type of offsides that seems to be similar to icing in hockey.

The other thing you need to know is that if players collide and lay on the ground grabbing their leg, ankle, holding their head, and grimacing like they’re being skinned alive, THEY ARE FAKING IT.

4 Likes

Volleyball also beat UCF last week. Espn+ is worth the 5 bucks

5 Likes

Happy for the womens soccer team. But I don’t want to learn about it here. The mods need to move this thread to Cougar Womens Sports section. And that is that.

I saw this too and it is great for UH!!

1 Like

I’m a US Mens National Team soccer fan and I’ve actually watched a few of the UH women’s soccer matches on ESPN+.

They are pretty good and deserve our support.

Go Coogs!

3 Likes

Thanks for posting. Volleyball is doing well too. They are tied for first in the conference.

1 Like