If LSU can do it so can UH

Go get players that can shoot from outside and 3’s from the portal.

1 Like

LSU has the witch woman. Big difference. They sold their souls. Even Baylor fans are glad she’s gone.

3 Likes

So, she sold her soul to some Voodoo Witch Doctor in them swamps. :laughing:

I have wondered if the success we have on the mens side is due to Kelvins culture why are we not applying the same on the ladies side?

Could the UH womens team be coached by someone on Kelvins staff? That would have everyone aligned.

We’d also need a Coaching change and to get school admin to actually care about Women’s Basketball, too.

Another big difference is there aren’t as many great women’s basketball players as men. A lot of the better athletes are now playing volleyball (and that sport only). There are some left to be sure, but not like it was 20-30 years ago.

I think it will be a lot easier to be an elite volleyball team in this state than women’s basketball. Look how brutal Texas A&M was this season. They had a few high profile recruits too but they shot below 40 percent in field goals and under 30 percent in 3-pointers.

2 Likes

Some of Mulkeys staff was hired away. Let’s see how they do?

The Scott Drew tree has flourished. Tang and McCasland recently.

First and perhaps most important criteria for a new coach is they must dress like a disco ball.

1 Like

I’ve watched the women’s team as much as possible this past year.

IMHO - they play hard and scrappy, rebounding and defense are the priority just like kelvin’s teams. He is trying to mimic what kelvin is doing.

The difference is that they aren’t able to maintain the pressure for a full game and lose a lot of games that they should win at the end either due to fatigue (we are not very deep - the fall off is dramatic after our starters top 6) or poor coaching decisions. They guy sometimes calls solid plays out of time outs. But very inconsistent in a positive manner. Very consistent with losing games that we should win where we have faought and played tough the entire game up until the end.

2 Likes

Can we hire Mulkey lol