If we had beaten UTSA

Uhhh sorry history wouldn’t have changed … not even close.

if Levine had the New England Pats in UH unis … we would have still lost … ND’s four horsemen would have bit the dust … BY’s best team would have gone down badly under Levine’s OC’s brilliance.

Levine and his inept OC couldn’t find they way outa a wet paper bag that first game

Bum Phillips famous saying about Miami’s Don Shula would have had to been altered for Levine …

He can take his’ins and crater to your’ins and he can take your’n and still crater badly to his’ins.

:sunglasses:

Ummmm, Levine was cool in many ways, but as a head coach he could not hold a program together and hired the wrong people. Highly unlikely we go to NY6 with him at the helm.

And I don’t feel bad for Levine at all… he was paid handsomely in an unforgiving profession and he was set up to succeed mightily.

NY6 with Levine? Are you kidding?

NY6 with Levine at the helm? :confused:

I read yesterday that Levine was given co-OC duties at WKU. That’s in addition to tight ends and special teams coach. Not bad for a coach getting paid $50k this year. Thanks Mack!!!

I think it was a bad hire philosophically for UH. If your hiring on a shoestring budget, and UH was, you have to hire a guy with either is own offensive or defensive system. Then, you’re only having to pay full price for either an experienced OC or a DC and the the other one you hire can be someone with little experience that you take a flyer on.

In Levine UH hired a guy that wasn’t an expert on either side of the ball. Then we shot our coordinator wad on Gibbs and had to gamble on offense but Levine didn’t have the chops to control the O himself or know what was going wrong or right. A telling point to this was UHs goal line effectiveness. All year long the team seemed lost when it got in the red zone. There didn’t seem to be a plan just haphazard calls and wishful thinking. It was one of the things Gibbs changed going into the bowl game and paid off in spades.

1 Like

Yeah, loosing that one was really rough. Had a cousin join us for the game from out of town that is an LSU fan saying…“oh, y’all will have no problem with Tulane”. Humiliating indeed. But as many have said here…a blessing in disguise.

1 Like

Tony Levine, great person; awful coach. It’s funny when a coach gets fired, all the funny nicknames start coming out.