If we haven’t heard anything by today…

…it’s Willie Fritz. Every other candidate is available to accept now and be in place for the portal and the last minute recruiting push. So, I can’t see any other reason that we have not announced other than our future coach is busy this weekend.

That’s just how I am interpreting the tea leaves, and I think it is a sound conclusion.

19 Likes

Well, it is only 10:30 AM.

Odom is in a similar situation as Fritz…

18 Likes

Yeah, but I think they would have called for a press conference or issued a statement.

1 Like

Are you guys truly excited by those two hires? Do y’all think those would be program altering hires in the Big 12? Or do you think they would be middle of the pack hires? Just curious.

1 Like

Nothing before Monday at the absolute earliest, regardless of who it is.

3 Likes

True, I just don’t think Odom is the hire this admin wants right now. Flash in the pan season at UNLV… too risky.

5 Likes

Fritz? Yes.

3 Likes

Times like these give rise to the MHver and Flugars of the world lol

4 Likes

I think it’ll take a few years, but Fritz can get the job done. He’s done it both at SHSU and Tulane. Before Fritz, I never would’ve thought Tulane would field a competitive football team.

3 Likes

Yes if its Fritz.

4 Likes

How old will he be by that point?

It may not necessarily be Fritz, but I agree it’s obvious he’s our number 1 targe. Unless Traylor or some secret candidate blew the admin away I wouldn’t expect anything until he’s formally talked to and probably an offer put on the table.

1 Like

Who gives a :poop:?!? If he wins, he could be 80 for all I care.

15 Likes

I’d bet on Fritz as the guy and prefer him. But I do see Odom as a clear upgrade if it is actually him.

3 Likes

I don’t want it to be Odom. If he ever left us for Oregon or Florida I couldn’t handle thirty-six threads mentioning, “Odom the Scrotum.”

15 Likes

Fritz is 63, same as Gary Patterson. So for anyone who wants Patterson because Fritz is too old. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

All signs point to Fritz.

3 Likes

I’d be very excited about any of those three. Traylor, IMO, has the highest ceiling. Fritz is the most sure-fire homerun. Odom has grown on me. I looked at his record at Mizzou. .500 in the SEC at a place like Missouri ain’t bad. And the rest of his resume looks terrific. He’s third out of three for me, but I would be excited.

Kinne is the only other guy I’d be truly excited about. The others have too many question marks in my mind.

4 Likes

66-68? I’m sure if he makes the move, he plans on coaching another 5+ years.