In a class by himself

I’m doing some googling and digging…I wonder if that 14,496 number doesn’t include post season games…apparently, he threw for 514 yards in a playoff game for the 1994 season…14,496+514=15,010?

Post season stats were not counted until 2002.

So, counting post season its Keenum and McNair… Not bad company at all.

Didn’t show up to work….not even kidding.

5 Likes

I think Christmas came early yesterday. Case is my all time favorite Coog. I didn’t realize how special yesterday was until the game was over.

My favorite college football player of all time perhaps playing his final game as a starter as a Houston Texan against the former Houston franchise wearing Houston Oilers throwbacks.

Tears, man. Tears.

12 Likes

Norfleet is MIA on his show today…lol

Gordy keeps saying he is coming up soon but now he says he is OUT today.

His his ego that fragile that he can’t eat crow?

3 Likes

This clown needs to get out of Houston.

3 Likes

There are fewer than 10 QBs in the NFL right now who have multiple years of being consistent. So much about the QB position is how you are viewed coming into the league and how much a team invests in making you a star QB. What Case has done is truly amazing. He was never supposed to see an NFL snap and how he performed multiple times when getting thrown onto the field for a bad team is impressive. His season with the Vikings showed he can be a quality starter and winner in the right situation. That season with Case has been the Vikings best season since 1998. If Cousins stays with Washington, who knows how the rest of Case’s career unfolds with another season in Minnesota.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Look at the teams he was “inconsistent” on.

In his first stint with the Texans, when he came in the 1st & 2nd team RBs. The OL wasn’t very good when healthy, but when Case came in, there were many injuries and they were worse. Thee only healthy decent WR was Andre Johnson who was constantly double teamed. Case only had one week taking starter snaps. Oh, and the defense was hurting as well.

The St. Louis Rams team in 2013 & 2014 went 7-9 and 6-10 respectively and Case was not starting. In 2016 the Rams moved to LA and their record was 4-12 causing Fisher to be fired with Fassel taking over for the last 3 games.

Case then went to the Vikings who had a good team and when Case took over he led them to the NFC championship game losing to the Eagles who who the Super Bowl. I could go on, but it was basically the same story. The story is that a QB can’t win games by himself. But when given a decent chance, Case does well and has shown to be a winner.

7 Likes

I was listening to nfl radio and other sports programs on sirius yesterday. I heard almost nothing. Think about it. He comes off two years from being a starter with the Texans having many injuries. That to me is OUTSTANDING.
I am curious. What did the Houston radio scene say?

To think that Johnny Manzel won the Heisman over Case. (Shakes head, goes back to work).

2 Likes

Manzell played in the same offense that Keenum played in yet Keenum was labeled a “system quarterback”.

11 Likes

RG3 won the Heisman over Case.

2 Likes

Which one do you think would trade places with the other?

2 Likes

Manzel wouldn’t trade……you’re crazy if you think he would.

If you’ve seen his recent Netflix documentary, it’s pretty clear he’s still not in a good place.

2 Likes

Manzel loves him some Manzel….he is very happy golfing, grilling and drinking with his buddies every day.

1 Like

I was listening to Andre Ware this morning and he said that on the pick six, the receiver was supposed to do a button hook and while Case was already in the throwing motion he kept running instead. He said that is the way it’s supposed to work in that situation every time. But at the podium Case took the blame for the pick and covered for the receiver. That’s a stand up dude and I am sure it endeared him to the receiver and teammates even more. They will play hard for the guy whenever he is in the game.

10 Likes

I’m sure he thinks he’s in a good place.

1 Like