Independence Bowl vs Louisiana-Lafayette - Game Thread

3.5? That’s equal to the number of days our team will practice

6 Likes

That’s what Holgorsen made it sound like he is to busy with other stuff i guess recruiting? It’s a shame he could use those extra practices for younger guys, hello Coley lol

By the by Shreveport is not a hot bed of interest in U La La.

Both LSU and La. Tech are the faves there. NW La. also has Alums there.Arkansas also has some presence there.

In short the fans who drive up from Lafayette and that area will be their fan base at the game.

If Cougar fans attend in decent numbers we can at least be equal in numbers.

1 Like

I doubt it the Rajin Cajuns really support their teams , I remember a regional I think in baseball at Houston, they had plenty of fans

1 Like

Heck no… we clinging to that like holgy clinging to that bag

I am hoping for 30k or 35k!

Is the bag Louis or trader joe’s?

2 Likes

ULL is supported by the Lafayette community. They will show up, and it’s only like a 3.5 hour drive for them.

1 Like

I think ULL has a lot of alumni in Houston. My father-in-law says that all their graduates seem to move to Houston.

This is why we should start scheduling them again. Maybe if we beat them this time around we’ll get over that last matchup we’ll start scheduling them again. Include them in the rotation of G5 Texas schools we’ll probably keep playing.

Yeah they do!

Pre season predictions had that as a possibility. More predicted that than 7-5

We were expecting a shot at a NY6 bowl.

That might sound stupid, but national commentators were expecting that, too. Our sense of disappointment is not based solely on our internal optimism at the beginning of the year.

6 Likes

They’ll always be USL to me, they’ll come to play and their fans will show up to party. We should do the same. Stop complaining about Beetlejiuce at least until this game is over, it’s not about him anyway, it’s about these players. If Tune and Dell are in, the chance to see that combo one last time should be enough reason to show up.

3 Likes

Because of our pitiful home attendance I have low expectations for Cougar attendance in Shreveport.

1 Like

Yes but some people like a vacation.

LOL, when it was announced my wife said “We aren’t going are we?”. This is a woman who will go anywhere anytime and she doesn’t want to go.

Of course, after the UH/Pitt game I made a decision to never attend a bowl game north of I-10 unless it has a dome on it or is in California.

I’ll sip egg nog and watch it at a local public house.

1 Like

Thanks, coachv. I just spit my drink out laughing in the middle of an Air Force chow hall in Northern California. Everyone was looking at me.

1 Like

Nice… I’m going to be through a few days earlier unfortunately…

Just didn’t line up this time.

Dana does need to care about bowl wins I’ll say.

Numerous times people here said he didn’t care which is ridiculous.

We can’t lose to Tulane and La La .

They are very wrong; Dana cares a lot about bowl wins. He cares about every game we play.

BTW, I’ve got my ticket on order, I hope you guys have them on order also, or already purchased from the bowl itself.

9 Likes