Independence Bowl vs Louisiana-Lafayette - Game Thread

There’s a chance it will be the last full game in front of fans* and a chance for Tulsa to not be his last game with UH. That’s lots of reason. Maybe not enough (and that’s fine) but it’s a mistake to assume players look at it the way (frustrated) fans do.

• I mean there’s the senior game thing but don’t they rotate players for that?

2,200,000 is not bad!

Not so sure, we tend to not play well against perceived “ lesser opponents “. But I hope we roll em like we did ECU

1 Like

We have not beaten a non-p5 team in a bowl game since the 2008 season.

All of our bowl wins since the 2008 season are against P5 teams.

4 Likes

And some will say this bowl is better than the Cotton and everyone who doesn’t think so should just shut up and enjoy it.

4 Likes

No, I doubt anyone will say that.

4 Likes

Dana’s really got us playing Big-Boy Football! Playing U-La-La because Duchense Academy of the Sacred Heart’s team is busy with their annual cotillion. Good thing U-La-La is 6-6. Heaven forbid we actually have to break a sweat. Don’t worry, next year we’re playing for the Big 12 title!

2 Likes

We may be, but that is not my expectation.

1 Like

Maybe the FB team can get a package deal for tickets to the Cotton Bowl?

1 Like

We tend to suck in bowl games like this. Remember Army?

1 Like

Early line: UH -3.5

I think that that Army team was a bit better than this year’s U-La-La team, and moreover, it appears that we’ll have a four year starter at QB as opposed to a freshman.

I don’t see a lot of similarities between this and the infamous Army blowout.

3 Likes

Wonder if that jumps now that Tune and Dell said they are in?

4 Likes

Worth keeping an eye on. Will probably be adjusted also for transfer portals.

If we don’t beat ULL we might as well shut the program down or rescind our Big 12 invite lol

1 Like

If we don’t beat ULL we have huge problems.

2 Likes

I’m off the Dana Train after this year but this one is a No Win situation…win and no one really cares…lose and it’s going to get ugly

5 Likes

TRUE fans WILL care if we win or lose.

10 Likes

All 5k of us nutjob hard cores :grinning:

2 Likes

Some of our fans are acting like we should be in the final four of the CFP Playoffs. The Independence Bowl is the best we could expect, given UH’s performance. You may not like the bowl, but at least embrace the fact that UH has one more game with our seniors and great publicity on ESPN.

Another positive: After this game, we can put AAC in the rear view mirror for football.

6 Likes