Interesting Big 12 data

I really thought the H-Town Takeover marketing was the first step to creating something that Miami did with keeping recruits of the city in the city. But we just kind of let the campaign die with Applewhite. I wish we would have kept it.

2 Likes

Yea I don’t get it. It’s like there is no strategy for promotion of the program. Besides winning which does solve problems until you don’t.

Major, was not a very charismatic, rousing type of personality. He seems to be almost
publicly shy individual.

But I’m not here to criticize him on this. It’s enough being a couch ( not saying he was or was not
a good coach) without being public cheer leader number 1. Great if you have a coach that thrives in that role, but the school should have been responsible for keeping the thing going.

1 Like

That is why local (free) coverage is so important. If local media covered the Coogs like they do B12 and SEC we would be set. But a lot of times it seems they will only cover the Coogs after we have done well, despite our conference, our funding and and our recruiting. Maybe that will change with the B12, it could be huge if media gave us hometown coverage like they do some out of town schools.

UCF and Cincy definitely deserved this jump to P5 as did we. All 3 schools have shown a commitment to winning and more money will open that up even more

4 Likes

Houstonians like to feel important. If you can figure out how to translate that into a bigger fan base then you have the key.

The B12 moniker will help a lot, especially with sports fans in the city. One thing that was getting traction was promoting the tailgating. Then that kind of fizzled.

Its gotta be the “in place to be.” That’s what gets people off their arse in this city. People here want to take selfies and show everyone what they’re eating.

This is one of the best typos ever. If the shoe fits
. :laughing:

The school didn’t come up with Htowntakeover Tom Herman did, which is why it left when he left. Tom Herman, along with David Bassity, was the brilliant marketer not anyone in the athletic department.

Have you guys seen Baylor’s new bball arena?

Damn, its pretty.

Yes and its compacity will be less than where they play now. It’s a deal between the city and the university and it’s right off the Brazos like the football stadium.

It’s amazing what you can do with $216 million.

1 Like