Iowa St. At Houston Tipoff Change

This :100:.

2 Likes

We agree. At the end of the day, more eyeballs on UH and that we are legit.

3 Likes

But wait didnā€™t someoneā€¦yes he will remain namelessā€¦write over and over and over that eye balls do not count?
He did and keep writing the same premise.
But wait espn yes espn changed the game for more eye balls.
Does it mean that espn does not know anything?
But wait espn has the BIG12, sec andā€¦the cfp.

2 Likes

This.

Proof that you canā€™t please everyoneā€¦

1 Like

Yep next complaint will be that itā€™s to late of a start time because of work and school on Tuesday lol

2 Likes

You can never please 100% of Coogfans lol

2 Likes

What school enrolls 15 month old babies?

Going to pist this in a few places to make sure it gets eyeballs and I get feedback.

Iā€™m and ISU fan who comes in piece. I reside in rhe KC metro and am thinking about brining the boy down to the game. I see only SROs remain on the primary (no shock there). Ive never been to Houston, let alone the Fertitta Center, and figured Iā€™d ask here.

First, are there any decent views available with SRO tickets? Typically Im always in seats at sporting events but sometimes SROs arent a bad deal (had the for Cubs Cards playoffs in 2015 and stood in the outfield towerā€¦amazing view). FYI the boy is an 8th grader but on the shortside, which makes viewing in a crowd dificult to impossible.

Secondā€¦if anyone here canā€™t go and doesnt mind hooking an enemy up drop me a line. Also, if therw are sections we should avoid (blindspots) thats helpful too. FWIW I/we arent loud mouth fans trying to stir crap on someone elseā€™s turf. We are just fans looking to see a good game, in a great atmosphere, in a new city.

Thanks in advance.

5 Likes

Not complaining, but yeah, tip off times benefit people in different ways. I see a lot of chatter about the traffic and drive time for those that live in the burbs. I live in the Heights so 6pm tip times donā€™t impact me as much as others.

8pm is too late for a baby, so I will pivot and figure out best course for attending. Adapt and overcome.

lolā€¦sorry. I have a 12 and 14 year old that attend the games as well. Baby is enrolled in daycare where they learn their ABCs and nursery rhymes so it is a form of school if you want to get technical about it.

I was imagining a real life Boss Baby if they are in school at 15 months old lol.

2 Likes

Itā€™s possible. Parents didnā€™t know about the alternative boss baby universe so ya never know.

1 Like

Welcome to Coogfans. Iā€™ve always had seats at FC so I donā€™t know the SRO experience for a full game, but walking the concourse gets you plenty of good views for the game. I think youā€™ll be happy.

2 Likes

All of the SRO spots have good views. Iā€™d say you might have a chance at finding two seats since some people donā€™t like bothering with weekday traffic and others try to offload their tickets for too high of a price. No obstructed views that I can think of.

2 Likes

Welcome @zrf. Nice to have opposing fans represent. I canā€™t hook you up with tickets but I hope you come down to Houston, see a good game and enjoy some of our restaurants.

@JLCoog Thanks. Iā€™m fully expecting a loss, like I always do when we play at the Phog (I was there for the McLemore 3ā€¦only time I walked out of an arean seething from a loss), but think it would be cool to check out the atmosphere for a big time game. Unlike previous years where we were Charmin soft on the road, this team is more resilient.

Iā€™m just hoping for a good environment, a close game, and with a little luck maybe a win. I just think you guys are going to maul us on the boards. Of all of our weaknesses this one is the probably the most irritating, frustrating, and theoretically the most fixable. The number of times our bigs blow boards by not blocking out, mistiming jumps or, or simply not grabbing the ball is infuriating. Those missed boards have often led to 2nd chance points, particularly back breaking 3s after a good defensive stand. I think that will be the downfall but weā€™ll see.

4 Likes

I love your team. Yā€™all donā€™t have these uber talented guys with ball skills, but you guys freaking play hard and hustle. Looking forward to the matchup Monday night.

2 Likes

That game at Hilton earlier this year was eye opening for me. I canā€™t remember the last time a team beat us playing the same nasty style of defense we play. It was like looking in a mirror! Normally when we lose itā€™s because the other team is insanely hot from 3 and we canā€™t hit the broad side of a barn (looking at you, Kansas). But you guys beat us in a rock fight. We donā€™t usually lose those games. Much respect.

4 Likes

The double team out front on Shead killed us we have to find a way to counter that, Shead is short and those 2 guys are much taller making it hard for him to see or pass out of that double