Iowa St. At Houston Tipoff Change

Game has moved from 6pm on ESPNU to 8pm on ESPN.

Get to campus on time folks. No excuses.

39 Likes

Info source? ESPN website unchanged…yet. Sure hope this is correct.

1 Like

its misinformation by ISU to confuse folks and show up after the game…

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/CycloneMBB/status/1758217549928661301

2 Likes

Iowa St. Basketball twitter account sent it out. Looks official.

YESSSSS!!! lets goooooo

3 Likes

The UH athletic department doesn’t want Cougar fans to know about the game time change so we’re ALL in our seats by 6pm for 8pm tipoff. Well played Pezman, well played.

27 Likes

What makes this even better is they are flexing out KState vs TU to put us as the BIG Monday game.

4 Likes

Being told Joseph Duarte has confirmed. If true…GREAT!

2 Likes

6 Likes

I’d be curious what the difference is in viewership and school payouts between ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU. ESPN+ probably doesn’t even register on the radar.

Going from ESPNU to ESPN boosts the national profile of this game.

5 Likes

I understand the move to ESPN, but that game time sucks with a 15 month old daughter. Was really hoping for a 6pm tip on a school night. Oh well. Gonna have to negotiate this one with the wife.

4 Likes

Living in Cypress, this helps a lot. Not so much for me, but for the wife!!
Let’s GoCoogs!

1 Like

I’m sure the payout is the same, they negotiate a flat rate for the conference. If it were different between channels, teams would constantly be throwing fits about their spot on the pecking order.

Might have been the same in the American, but starts being at 6 or 8 is tricky, 7 is obviously the happy medium. I’m team 8 o’clock starts all the way. Everyone can make it on time meaning the atmosphere is way better.

It’s going to be for the big 12 title probably

5 Likes

If we take care of business Saturday and Iowa State does as well it should at least a top 8 matchup

1 Like

The Oklahoma St. game started at 6:00 PM on a weekday and should be Example A of why 6:00 PM starts are problematic in Houston. Light arriving crowd at tipoff. Between driving in from the suburbs, rush hour and people getting off at work, fans struggle to get there on time. In the second half of the game, the crowd filled in and was loud.

7 Likes

Great news!

4 Likes

Ohh, i agree w ya JL. Just have to share w other notable gms within Conf. Trying to remember but i thk it was TxTech vs Baylor @ 8:00 p.m. slot, that put us @ 6:00 last week vs Okie St.
Just thankful that Coogs are strong Team, otherwise be ton of gms on ESPN+ – see UCF, WVU n even BYU has had many on the Plus. Us & KU had the least ESPN + gms schd when I analyzed it early in Conf play.

1 Like

They changed it because of the magnitude of the game it will basically be for the big 12 title it has ZERO to do with espn giving a rats ass about a 6pm start time and Houston traffic it’s all about money and eyeballs

9 Likes