Is all forgiven if we are 7-1 going into USF?

the majority of this board has short term memory, i think at 3-1 the board atmosphere will be back on the poly train … at 6-1 everyone is praising saying week 1 was just a bad week, that we are a top 25 team

but the second we maybe lose to smu, the board will erupt again…

the consequence of a horrible schedule is that there is no permanent reprieve, the moment anything bad happens anything good will be credited to the fact we have a horrible schedule

also the way things have turned out, there is no fan acceptable lose on our schedule … smu and memphis look decent but the idea of dragging our losing streak to them would infuriate the board and any other loss would look horrible

5 Likes

Twinmom,

I hope that the team’s morale didn’t suffer too much from this.

Do you get the impression that they are psyched up for the Bayou Bucket?

Let’s see how it plays out. The Tech loss sucked. But if the team can pull it together and win 2 on the road against Tulsa and Tulane in back to back weeks, I’ll be happy.

6-1 coming into the SMU game. TDECU better be rocking.

2 Likes

Is this a thing? I’d think the guys are just ready to play again and get the bad taste of losing out of their mouths.

2 Likes

Although Derek was really upset that night, he said practice the next day went well. Everyone put it behind them and started over. They are excited for the Rice game. Ready for a clean slate.

15 Likes

Tulane may be the toughest opponent we play this year. Or at least up to this point in the schedule. And it’s in New Orleans.

2 Likes

Nice to hear!

Thanks!

1 Like

Athletes have a lot shorter memory than we do as fans. And they need to have a short memory. Or the Tech loss could ruin our season.

1 Like

Apparently it is for our fans on this board, many of whom appear to have broken morale based on their posts.

Glad that hasn’t infected the team.

2 Likes

Happy. But if that game goes the way of the last one, what do you think will happen here?

Which game? Rice? Might as well shut this board down if we lose by 17 to Rice. We won’t, though. Expect a W.

This should fuel their fire for the next game and to not repeat mistakes front the first game, at least it better.

1 Like
  • 6-1 would be good.
  • 5-2 would be par for where we are right now as a team.
  • 4-3 would be bad/the wheels have come off.

I have stated that 9-3 probably would most likely justify an extension. After seeing the same problems emerge in game 1 that have happened in the previous 20 games under this coach, I would be very surprised if we get to 9-3.

At 8-4, no extension, but year 4 will happen.

At 7-5 or less, good bye. You have no choice at that point.

2 Likes

I agree with everything you said. Except for 7-5. I keep Dana. And see what happens year 4. If we’re not playing for the conference championship in year 4, or at least a top 3 finish in conference, I would fire him.

1 Like

As Renu said…we FIRE coaches at 8-4.

We keep coaches at 9+ wins though.

For CDH…it’s 9 wins or bust!!!

4 Likes

the idea of losing to tulane , even a projected 6/7 win tulane, would destroy this board lol…

Meant losing to SMU the same way as TeeTee.

Frankly, I can’t forget the last three years. It’s not going to happen. I’ve seen enough to know that DH can not bring us into the future.

1 Like

I would have agreed before the Tech game, but that performance was so bad… it showed zero progress. After the redshirt fiasco, the large amount of transfers at the detriment of HS recruiting, the firing of OCs and DCs and assistants (not them leaving for another opportunity, but being dismissed), the insanely weak schedule specifically designed for Holgorsen to get to 9 wins; it would indicate a program headed completely in the wrong direction.

5 Likes

I can see where you’re coming from. I just wouldn’t pull the trigger yet. Doesn’t mean that would be the smart thing to do. Lol. I’m just thinking about the money involved.

If we weren’t on the hook for $5M to get rid of Dana, plus paying exit fees to the AAC, plus having to bring a new staff in, plus having to compensate CKS (the man better get a raise), then I would fire Dana at 7-5 this year.

2 Likes