Is anyone taking Georgia Southern seriously?

First of all, we’re better than Clemson this year, and that shouldn’t be a particularly controversial opinion.

Second, this isn’t Monken/Fritz-era GaSo we’re dealing with here. They haven’t had a 10-win season or finished top of their division since 2018 and that streak isn’t coming to an end this year. We have the better roster and the better coach and neither one is particularly close.

Sure, maybe they’re super motivated by having a ranked P4 team in their stadium that happens to be their head coach’s alma mater and the employer of one of their prior coaches and we’re too busy crying into our beers about the Tech loss or whatever and they come out and smack us in the mouth. But I really doubt it.

Willie is much better HC than Elko

1 Like

If Hurst, Boswell, Hughes and Sanford get on the plane, I’m not worried.

1 Like

Kyle,

Will you be repping the Coogs at Georgia Southern?

1 Like

Do It Reaction GIF

2 Likes

Hey Brent!

That’s the plan… wife just agreed!!!

I bet there’s less of us than at the ECU game I went to a few years back when Tune & Dell mopped the floor with them… might’ve been 100 of us there…

I had to move seats because it was getting ugly in the section my wife and I were in…

6 Likes

Lol, i know the feeling…at Tech game told folks “now I know how Custer felt” and there was decent amount of us there but there was 60K+ Tech fans as well…man that was a helluva time

2 Likes

Man… our dog gave my wife, and I, a scare last night, but got home from the ER vet around 1am and getting on the road now to go watch our Coogs in Statesboro!

LFG COOGS!!!

11 Likes

The dog ate your weed? It’s distressing… :joy:

3 Likes

I’m not taking GS seriously, but I assume CWF and the team are, which is all that matters.

1 Like

She ate something that got her sick, but it wasn’t my weed… :rofl:

2 Likes

My sentiments exactly. These guys are human. Another potential pothole might be looking ahead.

I think we start somewhat slowly then pick up steam and pull away in the second half.

Defense has some atonement to deliver, not mention mitigation of blown assignments causing 60 yards costing us what should have been a HUGE win and I digress.

Whatever happens our margin for error is slim if not nonexistent if want to sniff the CFP in November. Kansas St, Utah, Okie St and West Virginia are no joke and we’ll be underdogs in at least two of those games.

Willie Fritz is taking Georgia Southern seriously.

4 Likes

I sure CWF is all business and has team prepared. Although we might have to wait til 2nd half to really get after it.

GO COOGS!!

Kentucky is waaay better than Georgia Southern and we’re arguably better than aggy.

We will not lose this game unless we sleepwalk all four quarters and that’s not going happen.

1 Like

any given saturday. indianna figured to walk all over northwestern last night, didn’t happen. a close game late and one cougar turnover and it’s a loss; coogfans would be quite entertaining should it happen.

dont you put that evil on me GIF

3 Likes

We’d probably need more than one turnover to lose this. I think if we’re -2 in turnover margin it starts looking a little iffy and -3 would put the game substantially in doubt. Remember that we were -4 in the WVU game last year and it was still only a 10-point game.

Are you in the military by any chance. I lived in the Sanford area when I was at Fort Bragg.

Pinehurst/Southern Pines to be exact

I’m a Navy vet, but that’s not how I ended up in Sanford.

Actually, my BSEE from UH got me into hardware engineering and now I’m a system architect for a computer company in the research triangle.

3 Likes

Armstrong,s defense this year is worse than Belks. Wouldn’t be surprised if this is a repeat of Navy 2016