Is it still POSSIBLE…

……that we could beat Okie State (blown out by South Alabama), Tech (lost to nobodies), Cincy (lost to a MAC school), SamHouston (hasn’t scored a TD), and maybe even West Virginia (long shot)…

and still make a bowl?

4 Likes

You kidding me? We do that and Dana gets an extension!

23 Likes

3% chance at a bowl game

2 Likes

I mean, yea add Baylor to the list. Big XII teams have all created resumes for themselves that leave doubt (fortunately or not)

3 Likes

All I’m saying is that those teams all have some losses that are every bit as incomprehensible as ours.

MAYBE THERE’S STILL A CHANCE!!!

:star_struck:

2 Likes

IMG_3582

8 Likes

Your mind is playing tricks on you. It’s classic attentional and optimism biases. Trust me. I have it too.

Yes, the teams we play are beatable, but in our first three games we have been completely blind to mismatches and been exposed for ours.

This team is not making a bowl.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Possible…sure, likely…NO, but that’s what I’m hoping. I’m not on the “hope we suck so Dana gets canned” train. I’d rather see him succeed. The biggest indictment on him as I see are BYU, UCF and Cincinnati. They were ready to play this season, why weren’t we? His “This is the Big 12 I told everyone it was gonna be rough” is pure crap.

1 Like

I expected to hear this load of crap from Dana, but what really concerns me is that the same messaging came from Fertitta and Pez.

4 Likes

Anything is possible. Its just really unlikely

And that’s the bigger problem.

2 Likes

Cincy lost at home to Miami Ohio, are they ready?

I’m penciling that one in as a win!

:smile:

No…

They did beat Pitt…

Those teams have a much better chance of fixing what is wrong with them before we play them than we do.

2 Likes

TT is going to steamroll us they hate Houston and the transfer of Donovan will be more fuel to the fire

Maybe Donovan will be more psyched up for revenge than they will be!

Let me be the ray of sunshine. Yes, there is a possibility. We have many new players, including our QB, who never took a UH snap or played with these players until a real game 3 weeks ago. The only process that will make this team play better is live repetitions against competition, which you cannot simulate in practice. Last year’s team started off slow and made a bowl game. We need to win against SHST and hopefully, the light turns on against TT and the team plays much better.

Lot’s to still play for. Even if your cynical, UH is worth supporting. Some players will be putting up numbers to audition for their next team in the transfer portal.

5 Likes