It is going to be hard for Schmitz to be an All American

If he can’t even make it into the weekend rotation. I wonder if he is still hurt. I don’t think he was ever full go in the fall. I still believe the team is going to be better at pitching than they are hitting, but that is not necessarily a good thing because you need to hit to win. Of course, none of this can be taken serious until they enter the tournament at Minute Maid. I don’t care what the pendants say about the early schedule, including Binghamton for gosh sakes. It is a bad NC schedule. I also read where Kivett was named the “the associate head coach.” I guess that just means that Whitting has to do even less work on the field now. Didn’t think that was possible. I didn’t think he could do even less in recruiting, but know that they have Reida and Kivett, they can just bring in 70 players in a year now!

2 Likes

Sounds like an upgrade.

3 Likes

I would have thought, and hoped, that if anyone was named associate head coach it would have been Woody Williams.

4 Likes

Maybe Williams just wants to focus on pitching…

2 Likes

I don’t think the #2 and #3 spots are etched in stone.

And all it would take is a couple of mid-week gems and you are pitching on the weekend.

3 Likes

Just based on time served….nothing more.

1 Like

If my recollection of recent Coog baseball is correct, CTW will change things up in about 3-4 weeks after it becomes obvious that he made a bunch of poor personnel decisions to open the season.

So, Schmitz might get his chance, just delayed by several weeks.

2 Likes

I understand and agree. I just think there is more to the story as to why Paul is not one of the starters. It will be very interesting to see if he is fully healthy. If he is, I am sure he will get one of the week day starts to prove himself for the weekend.

1 Like

Schmitz has got to be hurt. Otherwise, he would have played last night.

1 Like

That’s what I figure as well….have you heard anything on Russell or Bennett?

Perhaps the two highest ranked freshman coming in……Russell as most know was originally a Florida St. recruit.

Bennett came in as a top 300 recruit in the NATION and one of the top catchers.( originally committed to Vandy)

I heard from an old coaching buddy that had seen him in person that he could absolutely rake.

2 Likes

No Schmitz this weekend.
If no vs UTSA on weds, it could be awhile.
(UTSA is 3pm now)

No idea. Hopefully Duarte will comment.
Minimal interest in UH Baseball till hoop ends these days
GoCoogs w nothing since June of 23.

Not a regular Scott & Holman or Locked Coogs/B12 listener lately.
Maybe one them ?

1 Like

Is he hurt?

1 Like

He hurt his UCL last year and instead of shutting him down for the year, they had him come back for the tournament where he hurt it again. Instead of staying and getting PT done, he decided to go home for the Summer. He was not able to pitch full go in the Fall and I am sure that is what is bothering him now. Hope I am wrong, though!

1 Like

Thanks for info.

That really sucks for the kid.

I’m gonna stay off my soapbox for now but the way that first part of what you said sounds really sh-tty.