Jamal Shead Breaks Down His Film | 2024 NBA Draft Scouting | Film Sesh

10 Likes

Great stuff from Jamal. Hope he shines in the workouts

https://twitter.com/CoreyTulaba/status/1784242203952382027

These guys also did a film breakdown with Marcus Sasser last yr:

6 Likes

Shead working out in Austin, with Dylan Disu.

5 Likes

Jamal going Top 20 in the draft. Could go higher if he shoots well at the combine.

I still selfishly as a wolves fan want him to go to Minnesota at 27. He would be the perfect successor to Conley. Having Ant and KAT as the primary scorers and Jamal as the floor general/distributor/defensive presence would be amazing.

3 Likes
1 Like

10 Likes

If Jamal does not go Top 20, I will lose respect for NBA scouting strategies. Unanimous All American does not go Top 20 is not respectable. Last time I checked you get awards for in game play not glorified practices. Ask Allen Iverson.

2 Likes

doesn’t sound like you have a lot of respect for them to lose

1 Like

Yeah its pretty fragile. I mean don’t want to go to another sport. But Nelson in football went undrafted. He was First Team Big 12. Jamal not going Top 20 lessens the creditability of the scouting.

@KenJourney i understand what you’re saying. But NBA is all projection

You dominated and were efficient vs college players. But can you do it against pros & pro scouting?

Jamals floater game & defense is that worth a 1st round pick? Most have him as an early 2nd round. Which is nothing to scoff at. Early 2nd rds can get multi yr deals

2x National POY Edey is also slotted in the 2nd round

2 Likes

Competing against euro guys too. It’s not exactly easy. Go back and look at last couple of years - some amazing college players don’t go till second.

Jamal is the best PG in the draft. Davion Mitchell from Baylor went 9th overall. Team won the National Championship of course that helped. Jamal is better than Mitchell in many categories. Especially on impacting the game. I have not seen a better point guard in college than Jamal. I’m not sure about overseas. I think Jamal is more than a floater and (best on ball defender)defensive guy. Winner who make timely shots and control the pace of the team. He can start for several teams right now. Shead is a 10+ year starter in the NBA. Plus he can guard most if not all guards. So he would get big minutes in the playoffs. That does not seem second round to me.

2 Likes

Euro league is much more physical than NBA right now. But we are talking about a Houston Cougar, that is not an issue.

Going to miss this dude.

I know everyone wants Shead to go 1st round (including me) but NBA can be very difficult to figure out. And Shead has several things working against him.

1. Age
    2.) Height
    3.) Poor shooting percentage from outside
    According to NBA analysis this probably makes him a 2nd round choice. Maybe very late 1st round at best case.

If you want Shead to come in and play right away, he would have to be drafted to a bad team or a really young team for a better opportunity to start.

I’m looking at all the teams in the playoffs and I don’t think he would threaten any of the starting PGs for their job.

Awards is the worst barometer for a player’s talents translating to the next level.

2 Likes

Phx could actually use a PG

1 Like