Jamal Shead played the entire game

Until he was fouled out at the very end of OT

25 Likes

He’s a WARRIOR!!

27 Likes

I’m not really sure that was a foul either but it didn’t take much. Gritty effort as usual.

Edit: Just watched the replay. There was no foul.

6 Likes

We got called for so many fouls that weren’t fouls. Refs were lousy…I was about to say crooked.

11 Likes

The put back miss by Francis and stuff by Shead…

The most in your face play of the game, imo.

I also loved 30 points by my man Sharp!!!

15 Likes

He deserves to be thought of in the same realm as Big E, Dream, Clyde and Birdsong.

His number needs to be retired.

20 Likes

He didn’t even look gassed out … shows the work he puts in everyday …

11 Likes

Every year during this run we see guys move along who seem irreplaceable.

But there will never be another Jamal Shead.

17 Likes

That play is forever etched in my memory. It’s nice to have a good one stored there. :grinning:

1 Like

Shead doesn’t just make shots he he makes well defended dagger in the heart shots.

4 Likes

I honestly doubt that in any future postgame interview of any team, the superstar guard of the winning team will say “I miss my dog”. Some folks have their understand of games right.

Dude reminded me of Kevin Johnson vs the Bulls in the 93 NBA Finals

I could have gone without all the fouls

Maybe my memory is off but yes… until that late OT trip (21 seconds left) to the line maybe. Coulda used a time out as he finally looked a bit tired as he put up the first FT that hit the front of the rim. Gathered himself and hit the next one but fatigue seemed to hurt him on the first.

Incredible game by him, playing so many minutes. Crazy. I can’t remember the last time I saw a college player play 45 minutes in a game.

I’m usually not in favor of retiring players’ numbers unless they achieve a certain level of greatness, but I think Shead is there. He’s the best point guard this school has ever had. Big 12 POY, 1st-team All-American, near the all-time wins mark and hopefully a Final Four. No. 1 should be on the wall.

7 Likes

I agree with this 100%. Absolute legend.

2 Likes

New fav gif?

Jamal Sheads mom reaction

13 Likes

And let’s not forget about him doing this.

19 Likes

ehh… better than Marcus Sasser?

Hard to compare 4 year players to the ones who leave early, but agree that Shead is definitely up there

It makes you wonder how a player like Rob Gray would fair out with the type of rosters we have now

1 Like

Calls to mind legendary gifs like Iowa state guy