Javier Francis

Appears to me we have our starter at the 5 on campus. How many times have you seen a story on a freshman that has had as limited playing time as Javier?

10 Likes

That “still growing” is interesting; I wonder how tall he will get. I remember David Robinson was 6-7 when he entered the Naval Academy, but grew to 7 ft.

3 Likes

He runs like a gazelle, has incredible wingspan, and good timing on blocked shots.

70% from the field thus far means he finishes well around the rim.

Kid is averaging 1.3 blocks every 10 minutes. Carlton is next highest on the team at 0.6 per 10.

Tied for 3rd with Fabian for rebounds per 10 minutes (2.2), trailing Roberts (3.4) and Carlton (2.8).

He also averages 3.1 points per 10 minutes as a true frosh, in line with what Moore (2.8), Shead (3.3) and Cheney (3.1) score per 10.

4 Likes

Scottie Pippen did most of his growing after starting college if I’m not mistaken.

That was due to poverty and finally getting 3 square meals

2 Likes

Charles Barkley grew 6 or 8 inches in college!

That was around the waistline

19 Likes

Westbury Christian has been good to us with Galen. Always pull for the local Tapps guys from WC, Concordia Lutheran, Houston Baptist, Lutheran South and Northland Christian.

4 Likes

Francis is going to be a Star…I saw him protect the rim tonight like no other…he is green but his time is coming and he’s in great hands with the Sampson’s…runs like a deer…

5 Likes

Impressive, Parker! Nice stats too.

Patience can be a rewarding experience :sunglasses:

Again, we have stars but deee aaam look at how they play as a team and just overall hustle for every rebound, loose ball, switchoffs and picks. That’s impressive too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Drumroll :clap:t2:

4 blocks in 10 minutes today. I got excited about him when Kelvin told the story about how he was getting on Josh about not be able to score on a freshman. Josh put his arm around him and said ”do you know how good Javier is going to be”

3 Likes

he needs to practice his free throws, he gonna get fouled….alot.

Some of these are wild. For ex: Anthony Davis
“Between his sophomore and junior years of high school, Davis shot up from 6-foot-2 to 6-foot-10.”

https://fadeawayworld.net/nba/15-craziest-growth-spurts-in-nba-history#:~:text=Anthony%20Davis%20-%209%20Inches&text=Between%20his%20sophomore%20and%20junior,inches%20in%20about%20two%20years.&text=Davis%20is%20a%20former%20No,with%20the%20Los%20Angeles%20Lakers.

1 Like

I don’t think Francis form is bad. Now Armbrester FT shooting deserve a topic by itself. Currently shooting under .200 at the line.

2 Likes