Jeremy Singleton in (now out of) the transfer portal

Texans aren’t best at anything at the moment.

He was talking about Tech having 30K at the game being ludicrous. Not people being there at kickoff.

Tech didn’t have anywhere near 30K there last time they played at NRG and won’t this time either coming off 5 straight losing seasons.

I guess we’ll see…

But they weren’t playing us in that game. They’ll bring a bigger crowd to a game with UH.

Why’s that? They didn’t bring a massive crowd when they played us in 2017.

I’m skeptical they will be anymore amped us against us instead of an SEC team.

Well, it was hot in 2017. :slightly_smiling_face:

There’s also a connection with Dana, and like others have said, not being able to go to games for a while is going to drive more traffic, as long as the ticket costs are reasonable. Nobody is bringing 30K if it’s $100 to sit in the upper end zone.

There’s definitely more interest in a game with us than a random SEC cellar dweller.

Good news:
https://twitter.com/markbermanfox26/status/1390850516985462785?s=21

12 Likes

I’m glad he didn’t burn any bridges

3 Likes

Good news. Tune will target him a lot.

A handful of players are sought after in the portal. Most of the guys won’t get a D-I offer, never mind an attractive one. Glad he’s hanging around whatever his reason.

him going in the portal never made sense to me (assuming there is no personal background stuff that im not aware off)… strictly talking football stuff; he wasnt a touted recruit nor did he put notable enough stats or game film here to be a sought after transfer, while he was going to be a top WR target if he stayed. strictly surface level football stuff, it was between transferring to a smaller school where he isnt guaranteed to be a top target or being a key target at houston. maybe thats why he came back, maybe thought bigger schools would reach out, but we’ll never know

So how are you helping?

That’s why in the other thread this I said this seems like both sides wanted to stay married after striking out in the dating scene. Singleton found his prospects were thin from other schools, and the staff struck out on some of the more obvious physical talent upgrades. So everyone came back and decided we all really loved each other after all.

Nope

1 Like

Fair enough, you definitely have at least a relationship in the program, I have pulling theories out of my backside.

Obviously

1 Like

Coach V…I love reading your posts, but don’t think I ever noticed your avatar. I’ll take a scooter.

I think the young man just got in the transfer portal, found the interest not to his liking, and very quickly changed his mind and came back. That makes it easy for our coaches to welcome him back. Singleton’s best chance for future success is sticking with the team and coaches who he already knows, and know him. I do NOT believe he was allowed back because we missed on some top WR target. I believe he was allowed back because it is the right thing to do. Now, it is up to Singleton to work hard to improve his play and be a contributor when he gets his chance to play next year.

1 Like

errrr…no. Thanks for playing!

Not sure why you are playing this game of “I know something that you guys don’t know”, if you know something just post it…

7 Likes