Jeremy Singleton in (now out of) the transfer portal

The first game will tell us a lot against TT, win that one , plus the easier games at the beginning of year, should be a decent year, but lose the TT game which most will feel will just be a continuing downward trend from last year, well then who knows. I just think the TT is critical for us, before the experts on this board start, I know it’s not a conference game, but it is a BIG game for CDH to start righting the ship

1 Like

That TT game should be really tough, but I think we can pull it off.

2 Likes

I am looking forward to the TT game, but I hate it that it will be at spacious NRG.
Frankly I don’t expect more than 30k, if that. And yes this will be a crucial game for our Coogs. Win and there might be a little more optimism within Coog Nation…lose and our fickle fan base will fall like flies.
As for me I will show up wearing red and cheering for my Coogs. I think I am like a lot of fellow Coogs, thinking this is a do or die year for this staff. We need to go out there and take care of business against a P5 team that has owned us since Case led us on that infamous 99 yard drive…

4 Likes

I expect more than 30k… Tech will put 30k in there…

I don’t know about that. The Tech side of their 2018 game against Ole Miss at NRG is below.

That said, will be more than 30K in announced attendance for sure. These games usually sell a decent amount of tickets in part by selling to Texans season ticket holders. The game mentioned above sold 40K (although that many weren’t there).

1 Like

Assuming there are no COvID restrictions, I’m thinking 50k will be there.

1 Like

Gonna be real pissed off if they out draw us

Well mentally prep yourself for that outcome

4 Likes

We were concerned about how many TT fans would come to the Rob back in the day, and they didn’t.

40-45K paid. 30-35K in seats.

That is a valid point. Now let me ask you this.

For months we have seen thread after thread denouncing, trouncing, accusing CDH of every possible things. All of it is posted on Coogfans. I am all for free speech. I love it but PLEASE everyone. We are starting our new season in a few months. I can not wait. I can not wait either for every coog out there to help our team on the field and on the sideline look around and see tens of thousands of U of H fans in the stands. HC come and go. Having a dominating crowd helps everyone. Can anyone here on Coogfans spread the word? I know I will. Let’s outnumber tt fans and make it highly visible.

4 Likes

That stadium is never full at kickoff… Even on Sundays. :joy:

While true, that’s not just sparsely populated. There are empty sections other than the bottom. I doubt they even sold the top sections and the one below pretty clearly didn’t sell out.

I think people are going to be itching to get out of the house and into a sports venue. At least, that’s my hope. I can’t wait to be there after sitting last season out.

I think so too but worried about how Coog fans will feel about our team. We don’t show up very well when we aren’t winning. I’m not expecting strong season ticket sales.

3 Likes

Tech game is definitely a game I’m going to. Somebody has to be there to collect all the free tortillas.

4 Likes

Coog morale is lower than its been in a long time and you guys think 50k are going to magically show up for this game.

2 Likes

that’s ludicrous

1 Like

50k isn’t going to happen put me on the 36-40k with a pent up demand bump. It’s why it’s a higher important game to win. Win it and we can keep/build some fan good will. List and the, " F it In doing something else crowd" wrecks of next home babes.

What is ludicrous? I repeat… NRG is never full at kickoff… Even on Sundays.

Half the crowd is still walking in from the tailgate at kickoff.

That’s what happens when you have the best tailgate in the NFL.

1 Like