Jim Nantz

It was so awesome to hear him call the first 2 UH games. Hopefully we get him for the Sweet 16 too. It would be so nice if he called all 6 of our wins in the tournament. Is CBS doing this by design as a “retirement from the Final Four” gift?

12 Likes

There seems to be a three man team when he does it.

Like he is able to jump on whenever he is available, almost like a “victory tour”.

2 Likes

I wonder since this is his last year calling the tournament I wonder if he asked the higher ups if he could be assigned to call all the Coogs games, just a thought we will see if he keeps calling them

3 Likes

He certainly deserves it.

14 Likes

I can’t imagine how he is able to call these games. I was dripping from nervous energy watching the game at home. There he is calm, cool and collected calling the game like a hall of fame commentator.
What an asset to our alma mater. Absolutely masterful.

22 Likes

Great point. He is so professional. I loved when we worked in that Andre Ware and Tramon Mark went to the same high school

13 Likes

I know he’s retiring, but I’d love to see him involved with the basketball program again in some capacity in the future

5 Likes

He was excited… no doubt about it. His voice had a little bit of an edge to it…

A fantastic ambassador for UH.

3 Likes

He’s not totally retiring. He’s still doing NFL and PGA. This is his last year doing the NCAA.

2 Likes

I figure he’s doing Kansas City or Louisville since those are the only #1 seeds left. Maybe as a thank you from CBS, they’ll let him do the UH games.

We have the UH alum calling the game again in KC.

Also check out Mark Berman’s twitter clips of his interview with Jim after Auburn game. Jim said he has watched every single UH game this year among all sorts of praise.

5 Likes

His insight into UH athletics knowing 16 golf NC, and Tramon and Andre from Dickenson, the Albuquerque FF, the amount of blocks Olajuwon had, etc is impressive

8 Likes

I guaranty he won’t mention the rats and thefts.

He’s always been one of my favorites and not just because he’s a Cougar. I will say he needs to brush up on his pronunciation of Ja’Vier Francis. Haha It’s not Xavier.

Lol I believe this is the Ol’ retired in place/short-timer syndrome, jk. I heard that too and was like come on Nantz!

1 Like

Jim can retire with a smile if he calls the NC with the Coogs winning it all. What a way to go out for a great alumni, the city will go crazy.

2 Likes

The announcers always get a press package. It’s the way Nantz slips little goodies in that I love.

2 Likes

The difference is, Jim doesn’t need the notes.

1 Like