Jim Nantz

There have been a few conversations here recently about the way alleged "proud alums ", with positions of influence in the media, have chosen to represent the University of Houston in a negative fashion.

On the flip side, for those who talk about the positives, there is no bigger supporter than Mr. Jim Nantz!

I don’t think he has it in him to take a single cheap shot against his alma mater.

28 Likes

Good Article. We have some cool :sunglasses: Coogs.

7 Likes

Great point UH1927. Thank you for posting.

3 Likes

Maybe now MT has been convinced that the City of Houston knows who Jamal Shead is.

They only packed the FC, well before tip off, to watch him orchestra that masterpiece yesterday!

1 Like

Maybe that is a reason JN has the success he has compared to the alternative? No answers, just questions.

2 Likes

I don’t listen to his program anymore, but what an odd point for him to try and make. Maybe his bitter, underachieving cohost is influencing him too much.

2 Likes

That co host was nothing but a board operator offering those silly takes but hung around and latched on to Matt and if he doesn’t watch it will push him out cause he’ll work for way less

But this is typical houston radio - hire folks who knows NOTHING about the city they reside in just their little sports bubbles

Matt is like a typical uh person whose dreams of going elsewhere fell through - they had to come home and face real world issues but made it through thanks to UH - but when they get around their friends who went to UT, etc they won’t act with pride of where they went so they’ll bash or provide underhanded comments to fit in with the group

7 Likes

I don’t listen to MT, so I don’t know what yall are referring to. Though, I still think even in Houston the general conversation still overlooks the Coogs far too often. Fortunately, we do have some great ambassadors out there as well. Great honor for Jim Nantz, very happy for him. I don’t know if there are other’s the OP was referring to besides MT though.

UofH is the school I wanted. I didn’t have a backup plan.

3 Likes

Same, really. Although I did apply and get accepted at Johnson & Wales but never actually had any intention of going there.

This is Uh1927 3rd thread bashing Matt Thomas, his other 2 got closed so he went with a new tactic.

I too went to UH after having planned to go somewhere else, it came down to the money, I apologize.

I only created 2 threads and this one is to point out how ecstatic Jim Nantz is to promote our University whenever he has the opportunity.

The other thread about MT was created by another poster, not me.

3 Likes