Job’s Not Finished

Mylik is a great player I love almost everything about his game. He’s not a shooter right now though and isn’t elite enough at the other parts of his game to make up for it so for that reason I don’t think he’s a fit to start next year unless his shooting really comes along in the off season. Coach made a small joke months ago if I’m not crazy during a press conference saying he saw Mylik hit a 3 pointer in practice or something along those lines. Obviously it was in fun but it kind of confirmed the fact that Mylik (as of now) is not a serious threat outside and with the scoring issues that already exist with our team we can’t have our primary ball handler or other guards being someone who opponents don’t fear to shoot it.

Letssss gooooo!!!

PG portal/Wilson
SG Cryer/Miller/Jefferson
SF Sharp/TA/McCarty
PF Roberts/Tugler/Walker
C Francis/McFarland/Lath

So TA gets maybe 10 minutes behind Sharp.
There’s eighty minutes at PF and C.
Roberts 30
Tugler 20-25
Francis 20-25
McFarland 5
Lath 5
Don’t see TA getting much PT at either of these positions. Only way he gets more playing time is if they redshirt Miller (which I don’t think they’re doing) and Sharp could split his time at the 2 + 3 which would free up more minutes for TA at the 3. Also if Cryer plays a few minutes at PG Sharp could get more minutes at SG which would free up some minutes at SF.

Another scenario is:
PF
Roberts 20 minutes
Tugler 10
TA 10

C
Roberts 10 min (plays 30 minutes between PF + C)
Tugler 10 (plays 20 minutes between PF + C)
Francis 20
McFarland + Lath (not playing at all which I don’t expect to happen).

I sure hope TA comes back because he was really starting to thrive. Minutes on this potential team are going to be tough.

Does McCarty redshirt?
What is Ramon going to do?

1 Like

I’ll be surprised if Lath gets many minutes unless he sees a massive improvement over the offseason. I think the center position will be a combo of Francis, Tugler, J’Wan and McFarland depending on whether we’re playing small or not. TA will likely get most of minutes as all small ball 4.

1 Like

Well, the last question is “easy” to answer: Ramon is going to do whatever he can to help the team win whenever, wherever, and as often as our coach wants him to and he is going to hustle his ass off every single time he does it. He is part of the culture of winning, not whining.

6 Likes

That’s 14 ships. Someone won’t be back.

Is it possible everyone comes back? That’s what nil is for, acts as a 'scholarship"

thats not what nil is for

I was generalizing

Im on the waiting list for season tickets. What are my chances?

A healthy Roberts will be interesting to watch.

Get Cryer

Get a PG

Win a Natty.

1 Like

Not good

3 Likes

Your best bet would be to buddy up with existing season ticket holders.

3 Likes

I’ll talk to Case Saturday morning and see if he can fix me up.:grinning:

2 Likes

I think McCarty does redshirt. From what it sounds like, he’s not ready to see a lot of minutes immediately and we have mouths to feed. Our bench will also be young, with McFarland, Kordel, Mercy, and McCarty all being either FR or RSFR.

I also think Kordel will play some time at PG and playing as a combo guard. Mylik will be gone after next season, so it would be easier if Kordel is able to slide in as the backup PG in his redshirt sophomore year.

I see us going very young in the 2nd half of regular season games where we are blowing out the opponent. CKS kept the starters in for much of this games this season, but we need everyone to have experience in order to make a deep run. Injuries hurt us, so the next man has to be ready.

1 Like

Next year is going to be a gauntlet.

Almost every projected poll I’ve seen has Houston, Kansas, Arizona, Baylor, and Iowa State in their top 15. Arizona is better than what the Big XII is losing. Colorado and Utah won’t be easy wins either. Every game is going to be a war. I hope to stay healthy.

Road wins? Let’s go undefeated at home and see what we can steal on the road.

7 Likes

Steal? We won’t be stealing anything, but we will be taking plenty!!!

6 Likes

Guaranteed McFarland gets more minutes than Lath. Thats if Lath is even here

5 Likes

19 Likes

https://x.com/lando_1_/status/1777727629245714489

8 Likes