JoJo Tugler

1 Like

I agree. I’ll believe J’wan hitting 15 footers from the baseline like Fabian White or Devin Davis when I see it.

Now I’ll get called out bc I " liked " your post! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Im just glad its not the same posters like… Pesik & JoPrior going at it Again

But it seemed to me that every team we played had guys bigger than J’Wan and he did well against them.

1 Like

Yeah, you kinda just exposed your lack of basketball sense with that one. Nice try, though. I think you had lots of folks going for a while.

1 Like

Lol. Okay.

Those “great” bigs.

Hopefully you don’t show up much next season. We already have enough foolish takes to last. Yours would be redundant.

that is definitely am associated danger. be aware!

1 Like

Hehe. A couple on here just go looking for me. #Honored

I made a value neutral statement, too! no judgment!

I agree :100:. I just don’t get the benefit of doubt you do! :grin::smiley:

MississippiRed you are new here (joined in December but only a couple of posts) and have no credibility built up. On the other hand, Joprior23 has a ton of credibility and has shown himself to be very knowledgeable about the game and also has inside info on the team, coaches, and individual players that most of us could only imagine.

Your statement about his lack of basketball sense shows lack of understanding who you are talking about and immaturity as well. Maybe you should stay in your lane and remain lurking in the shadows until you can come up with a reasonable post.

9 Likes

LOL!!! You showed a clip where Francis was guarding Dante on the block. J’Wan was towards the FT line on Ware(I think that’s who the tall, light skinned kid was) and tried to drop down and double, but was late on coverage.

But don’t let that change your narrative. You’re 2,345,893 and 0 on debates in here. You will move the goal post as needed. Joprior, let him have this one : 2,345,894 - 0 now …you’re never wrong about anything, no MEA CULPA ever. It just ain’t worth all that back n forth, pesik. IMO. To always be right. Geez.

Do you NOT see that CKS’ philosophy NOW is to have at least ONE froncourt starter who can stretch the D from 3? Gorham. Fabian. Jarace. He isn’t gonna clog up the paint having Tchewa and J’Wan starting together. You should know that, as much film as you watch.

A back-to-the-basket-post AIN’T gonna bloody a CKS-now squad on the scoreboard, repeatedly just getting the ball dumped down to him and going to work on our post defender. Without researching it, name the last 20-10 game from an opponent who put in that work against us down on the low block? And if/when you find the box score, understand it’s the EXCEPTION, not the RULE vs. CKS.

Again, we’re waiting on our stretch 4 to hit the TP - before we’ll be adding another inside-scorer-only to the 2023-2024 squad…to pair with J’Wan. I trust CKS’ opinions on the team makeup over yours. Even AFTER you’ve broken down film of our games, Sarunas Mar-Sha-Loan-Us’ son, Alabama and Duke practices, etc…I still trust CKS more.

Nate

4 Likes

what are you talking about… that response wasnt about jwan…
tj insinuated no big has ever gone off on us, i said dante went off on us…and that random clip was because he said it was just “dump offs” i noted this is technically a dump off but it’s still “going off” in the paint… (the convo with TJ was about if bigs go off on us {his point was about our traps negate all bigs, we dont need size}… not jwan for that convo. my convo with JO was was about jwan… you are mixing debates)

You came in made up a fake goal post to score in a convo you werent even in…and saying i move goal posts

and correction i’m 3,044,4545 and 1 (edwards and dunn to have similar looking beards)

“He isn’t gonna clog up the paint” its basically unavoidable anyways …even if we added a stretch 4… he isnt playing all 40 minutes… none of the other bigs on roster can shoot; any combination of jwan, francis, tugler, mcfarland and lath is clogging the paint … there will be clogged paints, might as well just get +15 boards on that clogged paint… dont get me wrong id easily take a touted stretch 4 over nothing… but of the 2 i prefer the muscular/strong 5

“name the last 20-10” look a couple posts above - not exactly 20-10 but 5 of the touted 8 centers we played last year got close, all 8 gave us issues on the baords … you are saying there are few examples, im saying we played no elite centers last year, and the hand full of decent ones gave us issue (dante, tchewa, clowney, shedrick )… broome who is soft was 14 and 6 (despite missing 10 fts)…

also how do you know what sampsons opinion is? btw we reached out to shedrick, ike this offseason (so we know theyve though about it) …we reached out to fardaws, lofton, manny bates last year… so the notion of adding a center has obviously crossed the mind of the staff… im not saying we dont add a stretch 4, who knows – ill take any notable big… but there is evidence we have targeted centers too, that would have been paired with jwan… not adding getting touted centers in the portal is an NIL game, even if we go stretch 4 its not a confirmed indication we might not wanted a center, but that we dont want to go to a bidding war with Kentucky

3 Likes

The concern for J’wan is that he disappears. In the Miami game, he had 2 points and 2 rebounds. That cannot be ok. There needs to be competition. I am not sure that competition will come from freshmen. Hence, the problem of getting too many freshmen.

2 Likes

No duh… that was specifically why I said STARTING. It’s obvious that with Chaney and Francis as the bigs, there are stretches where both front court guys are strictly inside presences with no outside shot. That’s obvious. Again, key word : starting…

If Lofton would’ve come, he would’ve started alongside of Jarace. And J’Wan would have continued coming off the bench. Nice try though.

And I’ll bet my lunch-based on what I’ve been told-that if they were gonna bring in an Ike/Shedrick type, it would be at the expense of J’Wan’s starting position…with the expectation od STILL bringing in a stretch 4. And at this point, instead of getting into the arm’s race for TP centers, they’ll look to add a Jarace-type-4. We’ll see.

Nate

4 Likes

Idk if we would ever see J’Wan on the floor at the same time with Tugler. And if we do, it is not going to be anything close to 15 minutes worth. If everything goes to plan.

Lath and McFarland aren’t playing next season.

People better start gearing up to the idea of TA playing a good amount of minutes at the 4.

1 Like

That’s not even a real number! :wink:

6 Likes

TA playing the 4 would be similar to the Miami model from last season with Thomas.
Every team doesn’t have to win the same way…

Oooooooh better make that 3,044,4545 and 2!!

5 Likes