Just for some perspective

OSU and BYU have 11 wins and 3 losses at home. 2 losses to us and one to top 25 Villanova.

8 Likes

WE WANT 'NOVA!!!:smiley:

5 Likes

They actually just decent this year not great as in last 3 years. They lost a ton from last year.

First time since 69 -70 season that we are 8-0, think about that.

9 Likes

Hopefully we broke the curse with that win. The only time we have gone 7-0 since 1970 is in 97-98 when we lost the next 9. Alvin Brooks was probably more happy about this win than anyone else on the team.

4 Likes

true but phi slamma jamma teams played really tough ooc early season games and dropped 1 or 2…then would run through the rest with ease …think they never had more than 5 loses in a season…only 3 counting the finals loss in 83. This team is good and entertaining but not scary good like the old days.

For some reason, I thought that was Drexler’s coaching years. I do remember us winning 7 then dropping last 9. That was crazy.

The tv announcer last night said OSU had lost only 8 non conference home games in the last almost 3 decades !

11 Likes

That was under Brooks I believe

1 Like

I remember 97-98. That was when I started paying attention to UH basketball. Carl Dukes doing the broadcasts solo, playing in Alaska. I miss the Great Alaska Shootout and the Top of the World Classic.

Fun fact: Galen Robinson was the leading scorer on that team.

2 Likes

Not yet. I don’t think this team will be as good as it will get this year until February. Then we should see some stuff!

Look at the teams we beat to go 7-0.

1 Like

It is amazing how much SOS can jump early in the season. We are 225 according to NET. Not great but way better than 300+

We destroyed Alaska-Fairbanks…was Damon Jones on that team? Memory fade some from that time.

Was referring to Brooks 7-0 start back in the '90’s…

Where are you reading that?

https://extra.ncaa.org/solutions/rpi/Stats%20Library/NET%20Nitty%20Gritty%20-%20Games%20through%20December%208,%202018.pdf

From what I’m seeing our opponents average NET is ranked 289th.

So I looked it up. It was ‘99 when we played Alaska-Fairbanks. Won 81-59.
Damon Jones’ last year was '96-'97.

Whatever happened to Chaminade?

Oh.