Kansas Assistant AD admits Conference Realignment upcoming / Pac Football struggles articles

You might be right today but you can’t tell what tomorrow brings. That is a world of a difference. The fact is that none of us know what will happen when realignment comes. Do I think it is a done deal? No I never wrote that.

You would be better served if you objectively gathered information. It would give you a better perception of what reality is. Here, I’ll give you a hint.

Pressed to elaborate on the idea of expansion, Sankey continued: “Acknowledge it’s not a front burner issue. We added two great universities in Texas A&M and Missouri, both members of the American Association of Universities. Great athletics traditions. Contiguous states. There’s probably some information in there that’s useful.”

Better served? Have you heard/read of commissioners changing their minds? It happens all the time. I grant you that this is a long shot but not even the commissioner has full power. You and I do not know what the future brings. You and I have no clue if the S.E.C. is going to lose or add members. Arkansas recently made noise about the good old days. Would they be in the S.E.C. in ten years time? You and I have no clue. I hope that you now have a better perception of my posts.

When?

What noise and when? I’ll bet my 401K, savings account and go double or nothing on my student loans that says Arkansas will still be an SEC member in 10 years. Aside from the fact that the SEC has a grant of their third tier rights, what group of logical human beings would leave the SEC for the Big 12?

Wow, so A&M is ranked #69 and Missou is regressing academically. However, yes, both are AAU schools. So is Kansas but they’re barely top 100. Is OU an AAU school? Baylor was tied with A&M in US News ranking in 2016. Are they AAU?

The AAU is a subset of universities who focus on research. Not every university has the same mission. Those schools you mentioned, for one reason or another don’t put the amount of resources into research that members of the AAU would require for admittance; regardless of what US News has to say. So Baylor doesn’t put the same amount of resources into research as Rice does.

Noise, what noise you write? Do a google search. Did I write that they would leave for the small12?
I am not a betting man. I intend to keep my money. For the last time I am writing that no one knows what the next realignment will bring.

No. You said they were “making noise about the good old days”. Which implies that you think there is a chance they would leave the SEC for the Big 12. There is zero chance. I would put it at the same level of probability as the Tennessee Titans moving back to Houston and raising Bum Phillips from the grave.

You read it here first. Here is your first 20 Teams Super Conference with a very original name.
The Western Conference

West
Arizona
Arizona State
California
Oregon
Oregon State
Stanford
UCLA
USC
Washington
Washington State

East
Baylor University
Colorado
University of Houston
University of Oklahoma
Oklahoma State University
Southern Methodist University
Texas Christian University
uta
Texas Tech University
Utah

Iowa, KU, KSU and Iowa join the BIG10 in a blockbuster deal. WV will join the ACC.

This majestic conference will rival the SEC. I can’t wait.

1 Like

Keep dreaming :joy:

Chris: I’d like to try what you’re smoking:joy: Fun to read/consider. SMU? That smothered your credibility, unless it was a joke.
What’s the old saying: But I love the way you think!

A SEC blog is not objectively gathered information, unless you’re a SEC honk.

1 Like

Iowa and KSU will never receive an invite from the BIG and the only reason KU might get an invite is because they are AAU and a basketball blueblood. As far as the PAC is concerned, Baylor, SMU, are not going to happen. If they expand they will go to 16 and their first choice is OU and UT and to get those two they will accept OSU and TT.

The last time around the deal was UT,OU, OSU, and TT. UT refused to give up the longhorn network and dropped out of deal. OU tried to save it by bringing in another school (not UH) and was told that without UT the PAC was not interested.

Indeed it was a joke. This reminds me of the some of the so called experts on cbs network or others predicting this or that will happen. We should hopefully hear some good news when re-alignment comes.

3 Likes

The quote from Greg Sankey pretty much supports my position that the SEC isn’t a realistic possibility.

OU and OSU also tried to test the PAC12 waters on their own the next year after A&M announced it was leaving for the SEC. They didn’t have the clout to get an invitation on their own. If you know any OU fans, they seem to have selective amnesia about that since it did bruise a lot of egos.

Yall don’t listen down south, do you?

1 Like

Do you?

When BIG 12 GOR nears expiration, OU and Texas will leave, and likely 2 other Big 12 partners will go with them. How other conferences react to this is what will drive re alignment. I see PAC taking Houston, Tech and 2 other available schools from K St, Iowa St, Ok St, New Mexico group. When BIG expands, i do not think PAC 12 will sit on their hands. It is also possible ACC might make a move also. Our president certainly thinks so. Still a long time to wait…We just need to keep getting better and staying in the conversation.

Honestly, I think one of them leaving is possible but far from certain. Will they look around? Yes.