Kansas City Revisited

Per AP in the Houston Chronicle, more details on the Super Bowl parade celebration.
I know it’s already passed from the memory of the national consciousness, but this says
a lot of what we’ve allowed to happen.

Court documents that were part of the complaint said 12 people brandished firearms and at least six people fired weapons at the Feb. 14 rally attended by an estimated 1 million people. The rally was just wrapping up when gunfire erupted and people ran for cover. The shooting happened when one group of people confronted another for staring at them, police said.

Isn’t it comforting to know in a crowd of people,12 are brandishing guns , and at least 6
people fired weapons, over the act of staring at them ? This is what ridiculousness looks like
in America.

6 Likes

“Move along, nothing to see here.”
-NRA

1 Like

The sooner the Politics board is revived, the sooner comments like this can go to the proper place.

3 Likes

Ah, it’s political in your eyes ?

Let me amend my last comment and see if that passes muster with you.

2 Likes

Don’t mind me. I’m not the one who took it “there.”

1 Like

I’ve been saying for a while we need some sort of Just Say No campaign regarding people using guns to settle petty beefs.

Wait, what makes this political? As for as I know there’s never been news about shootings on any ballot. Just because it’s in the news doesn’t make it political.

Mike,
In my original posting, in the last sentence, I made a comment
about it being result of Supreme Court rulings. Since the SC is a political
institution, I think that’s why Insane called it political statement. So I removed
that reference.

I don’t know if we allowed to talk about shootings or not. In this case,
sounds like one gang or group of people were staring ( yes staring ) at another
group or gang. So of course giving one the eye is a big thing. Especially among
juveniles, young adults, or whatever you call them, I guess.

It’s just hard for me to wrap my mind around all this. I’ve read 2 AR-15 type weapons were
recovered as well by authorities. Dozens of shots fired. It’s insane.

Gangs don’t care if you have laws or not. That’s the point of decent Americans being armed.

I don’t think the OP was political, though

1 Like

So 12 or 120 people or more pulling guns and opening fire in a large crowd is your
answer ? The more the better ?

Is that what happened?

No, obviously it’s better to let the thugs carry guns and to make sure you’re de-fanged by gun laws. It’s always better to let thugs rape your family and beat you senseless. It would be unsafe any other way.

1 Like

That’s what is reported. At least 12 people brandishing guns. At least 6 different guns fired.
You decide who the good guy is in that scenario, as you pull and become the suspect, lol.

[quote=“FunkMasterMilluns, post:11, topic:55056”]
It’s always better to let thugs rape your family and beat you senseless. It would be unsafe any other way
[/quote]

Silly, non serious response.
The reality is friendly fire deaths exceeds defensive use deaths in every year we’ve tracked it.

1 Like