Karma costing UH

What we did to an honorable man in Levine is still costing us. He should and could still be coaching here.

1 Like

I think Levine would have found his footing as a head coach eventually. He had some bad losses but he was an excellent recruiter and had better records than Holgerson with tougher schedules.

10 Likes

Can someone post the Photoshop picture of him on the motorcycle after that Temple game?

Levine was a fantastic positions coach, poor head coach. He lived and died bc of Bush, true coaches know when to make the necessary changes.

10 Likes

He was loyal to travis Bush, that was his fault not ours , our Karma is fine, Levine is fine. How is his coaching HS going this year?

5 Likes

We won a NY6 bowl and got into the Big 12, keep giving me that karma I guess

10 Likes

I assumed this thread was gonna be about Renu’s stupid comment about how we fire people for 8-4. Wish it was true as Dana would get tossed out at seasons end.

8 Likes

I love her but that was a really bad thing to say, it probably comes back around this season.

6 Likes

Nope. Great man but can’t have the losses he had.

He had generally poor judgment when it came to assistants. Which, for a CEO-style coach, is a huge part of the job.

I do not understand this thread. Levine was a nice guy but a bad head coach. There is a reason he never got another HC job. Same for Applewhite.

Silly thread. Amazing that it might not even make the bottom 10 this week, given how hyperactive the wet panties crowd is lately.

3 Likes

We paid Levine well and gave him an opportunity no one else would ever think of doing. We gave him over a million dollars to no longer coach here on top of that.

If there is karma owed, it’s good karma.

3 Likes

If there is a Karma working against UH Football it would be the immeasurable amount of negativism generated by this board.

7 Likes

You mean like the time we went to the peach bowl?

Lots of honorable men have not been great coaches. He insisted on bush and it cost him. He sealed his own fate.

1 Like

Levine left the coaching world. Applewhite is the OC for South Alabama, and surprise, their offense is rated higher than ours in the Funbelt. I wouldn’t count him out on getting another HC gig. He has a higher winning percentage as UH’s HC than Holgorsen

3 Likes

We were destroyed by Army, no excuse on Opy’s part

1 Like

He lost to Texas State.

2 Likes

Levine has statues in his honor. Unfortunately they’re on the campuses of SWT and UTSA.

7 Likes