Kendal Briles being canceled

Briles’

Seems out of state schools didn’t have the same vehemence towards KB that Texas schools have.

Brileses is the correct usage in his context

1 Like

Is UH an out of state school?

Brilesi?

1 Like

Just posted a story about one of our own… Karen…Don’t be so triggered about everything…go have a margarita

Aside from his baggage, I simply don’t think Briles’ offense is designed to consistently win against top quality defenses. If I was a defensive coordinator, I would think twice about going to a place where Briles was offensive coordinator. Briles’ offensive scheme could make the defense look worse than it actually is, with those three-and-outs.

Don’t just focus on the offense stats against subpar teams. Look at the totality of the season.

3 Likes

Well we don’t have a top quality defense and he won’t have any problem lighting us up, for our welcoming to the big 13

Well he will keep that promise at TCU. Some of them are kind of thick. You know us black guys like white girls with a little meat on their bones.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t say his body of work whilst OC here at UH was ‘very average’. It was PHENOMENAL.

Taken from an article from Chron’s Joseph Duarte back in 2018:

“In one season with Briles in charge of the offense, the Cougars ranked among the most explosive in FBS, averaging 43.9 points and 512 yards. He was credited with the development of junior quarterback D’Eriq King, who was responsible for 50 touchdowns before suffering a knee injury Nov. 15 against Tulane.”

Sadly, we had D’Onofrio’s porous Defense that couldn’t always hold opposing offenses from scoring, which cost us some games (ex. @ TxTech).

Also, it was Briles that flipped Clayton Tune from Kansas to commit to UH…so there is that, too.

6 Likes

you are correct…Briles had us 4th in yards and 5th in TD’s in all football in 2018…Blind hatred is a real thing

5 Likes

I was just getting ready to say this lol

1 Like

4 Likes

So you’re cancelling him?

3 Likes

I thought that was Applewhite.

The guy is an awesome OC. We just had no D that could stop anyone. That is why they got tired.

2 Likes

We scored plenty…our D just was terrible, bend and break D at that time.

Briles was alleged to have said it.

Former assistant coach Kendal Briles — the son of the head coach — once told a Dallas-area student athlete, “Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they love football players,” according to the suit.

2 Likes

He’s a heck of an OC. He’d be great at TCU.

1 Like

Exactly! Its as if Baby Briles doesn’t understand Offense & Defense must work together to WIN the game!
I lost count of all the times he left our Defense in a horrible position. Either he didn’t care or he had no self awareness- both are inexcusable for a coach who is supposed to be developing…to mature. And he had a head start- he is the son of a career football coach.

No surprise he has not landed a HC job. CBB just doesn’t understand there are three (1,2,3) parts of a football team. Defense and Special Teams also count.